Chapter 73 | PHASE FOUR: Frozen

DYLAN ||

When I watched Raiden sniff my stomach, my whole body was frozen in fear because he was desperately looking for something that I'd seriously prayed to Goddess wasn't true.

Gabe and Hunter told me that men can carry pups, they said men can grow a womb based off their mates. If the male's mate is more domineering, then the lesser dominant male will grow a womb to accommodate their mating.

I seriously wished we were the other option, which involved two equally dominant males, matching each other's strengths, then both males would grow a womb after their marking.

Unfortunately for me, Raiden is without a fucking doubt, more dominate than I am.

So it seemed like my fear of being a pregnant Alpha male was becoming all too damn true as my mind replays what just happened a few minutes ago.

And as I sit in the Wolf's Claw pack hospital, Gabe at my side, I bite my bottom lip, anxiously waiting for Kyle to tell me what I'd feared the most.

"Dylan," Kyle frowns a little as he turns the ultrasound machine towards me and my eyes widen when I see it on the screen. "You're pregnant."

I knew. . .

As soon as Raiden sunk his canines into his mark, I felt it. . . the warmth, the new energy, that cinnamon taste on the tip of my tongue and I couldn't fight it.

There was no point because Raiden had a death grip on me and when I forced him to let me go, I still couldn't move.

My symptoms over the last few months were now starting to make sense.

The nausea, the exhaustion, the pain, the headaches, the hunger, the mood swings. . .

I'm terrified right now. . . This can't be fucking happening. . . I can't be pregnant. . .

I just became comfortable with my sexuality and now I have to become comfortable with this new thing so fucking quick?

It's not fair, I'm not ready for this.

Without permission my head turns to look at Gabe for support and when he notices my overwhelmed expression, Gabe pulls me into a hug. "Don't cry Dylan, it's going to be ok."

"No it's not." I cry out into his chest as he cradles the back of my head.

I feel Gabe nod. "Yes it is Dylan, it's going to be just fine. This is a beautiful thing, you're going to have pups."

"Pups?!" I exclaim through my tears as I pull away from Gabe's chest to look into his eyes.

Searching, I try to find the lie, I wanted to find it, I needed to find it. I can't be pregnant, much less pregnant with more than one pup.

And my mate isn't here!

"Yeah," Gabe nods. "You might be carrying a litter." He explains with a soft smile, which only further pisses me off.

My eyes widen again. "How do you know that? You don't even know if I'm.. that."

I couldn't bring myself to actually say the word out loud. I can't be pregnant, there's just no way and I was going to live in denial until it's confirmed.

"Dylan, it is confirmed. Kyle just showed you our womb and you see our tiny little bundle of puppiness in there!" — Maddox squeals as if this was the best thing to have ever happen to him.

I ignore him because I have to. I could not handle his excitement right now when I'm literally freaking the fuck out.

"Dylan," Gabe whispers, grabbing my attention again. "I can feel your pups through your aura."