Chapter 92 | PHASE SIX: Healing pt. 3

This is a heavy one, so brace yourselves. Comment, vote, enjoy and all that jazz!💋

————————————————

DYLAN ||

Walking into the bedroom that Raiden and I shared up in the Alpha suite of the packhouse, I find my mate by the window, holding a cup of tea and staring out at the lands below us.

I can't help but notice the way he was looking outside, with this emotionless expression, almost like his mind was lost somewhere else. He doesn't acknowledge my presence or even raise his nose to sniff when my scent mingles with his.

Raiden raises the cup of tea to his lips, blowing the steam away for a moment before taking a sip, eyes still locked on the landscape out the window.

Gently closing the door behind me, I swallow nervously as I slowly approach him with calculated steps. I'd learned over this past two weeks that sudden movements scared my mate more than anything else. He needed me to take things slowly and that included the way I moved, so I happily obliged that.

Finally after a few steps, Raiden blinks and then a tiny wrinkle between his brows wiggles its way onto his face. It's only a matter of seconds between that and him turning his head to look at me, but he finally does and when he notices me, he smiles softly.

"Hey puppy," He speaks softly, quietly, almost not himself but I don't harp on it. His voice has been this way for the last fourteen days, so that's ok.

"Hey babe," I speak softly as well, stopping in front of him and smile softly at him as I stare into those stupid ember eyes that held all of my heart in them.

When Raiden sets his tea cup down on the windowsill, I take that as a good sign, reach out to cup his face and lean in to capture his lips. Only Raiden stops me before I can by leaning away from me with a small frown and pulling my hands from his neck to place a kiss to each of them.

Maddox whines with the rejection but I don't let him entangle his pain with my heart. Instead I clear my throat and ask, "Too soon?"

Raiden shakes his head, but then hangs it, our bond filling with some kind of misplaced guilt that I'm sure why he would even feel.

Lifting his head, he sighs and shakes his head again, "It's not that," His emotions were confusing so when I go to ask more, he says, "We have a lot to talk about, so maybe we can go sit down and get through everything. One step at a time, yeah?"

My frown deepens but I nod anyways, wondering what the hell could be so serious that Raiden wouldn't want to kiss me now.

Allowing him to guide me back to the bed, he sits me down and then takes a seat next to me, grabbing my hands and pulling them into his lap.

"Maybe we start with Reland," Raiden offers and I growl. I can't help it but that Lion didn't sit well with me.

I thought he did after seeing Raiden's paintings and hearing his explanation to their friendship, but after seeing them in bed together yesterday morning and the way Raiden was snuggled up with him, my hatred for the chaotic Lion had come back full force and I ended up questioning him about the shit.

Of course he'd told me it was nothing and that his relationship with Raiden was something that my species wouldn't understand and then called my mate one of his "layers," which only confused me anymore.

It was obvious that no matter what Reland told me, that I would probably never like the guy and probably would never have a friendship with him. Not in the way I did with Roman, at least.

"Ok," I grit out, agreeing and trying my best to keep my emotions in check. "Let's start with Reland."

Raiden sighs heavily when he sees my change in demeanor but I wasn't going to hide my distaste for the male. He knew that, so instead of fighting me on it, he gets up, walks over to the desk and grabs a large book that I hadn't noticed before now.