Chapter 57: PHASE FOUR: Bond

DYLAN ||

Liam is our father. . .

I heard the words, I promise I heard them, but they weren't sinking in. . . Liam is our father.

Slowly backing away from the men in the room until my back hit the wall on the other side of the room, I stare into the eyes of the man I now know as Liam.

This man can't be my Dad, it's just not possible.

My dad's name is Dean, he's the man that's raised me for as long as I could remember, he's the man who's taught me everything I know. The man who's helped me with my first steps, my first words, the one who sang to me on my birthday, the one who taught me how to ride a bike and helped me through my first shift.

"Yeah, he's all of those things, but he's also the man who tried to kill our brother."

I gasp when I hear Maddox's voice flood my mind and my heart immediately clings to it because I know for a fact that he's the only one in this room that I can trust, well besides my brother because why would he lie about this?

I look back at Bennett and my heart aches for the the pain that I see in his eyes.

Damn it. . . What if he's not lying, what if everything he said was true? It has to be true. Why would he lie about this, but why would my Dad and Uncle Jake lie about his death?

"Dylan." My eyes snap to the man named Liam. "I know this is a lot to take in..."

"A lot to take in?" I scoff. "This is extreme! My bestfriend has been keeping this huge secret from me, I find out he's helping two random felines, then my brother who I believed was dead for seven fucking years shows up and he doesn't even look the same. Then I hear that the two men whose raised me are the reasons for his disappearance, they tried to kill him, and now...." I pause, my head shaking. "Now I hear that the man I thought was my father this entire time, isn't truly my father..."

I take another step back."No, this isn't alot to take in. This is too much." I tell him, putting one hand out to keep everyone at bay.

I was spiraling, legit spiraling. This is way too fucking much for my overwhelmed brain to process. I just accepted the fact that I was attracted to men, but now everyone wants me to just accept that everything in my life up until this point was a lie.

They just expect me to accept that everything they've told me was the truth?

And even if it is, I can't just accept this man as my Dad. I don't know him and what about my Mom? Did she know about this? Why did she leave this Liam guy and raise us around Dean if that's the case?

"Ask him, Dylan. Every single question you have, ask him. Hear him out and then make a decision after you have all of the information." — Maddox suggests and I shake my head.

"I don't want all of the information Maddox! I'm confused, I just want my mate. He's the only person that makes sense." — I whine, a sound escaping me that I would never admit actually had.

"I want our mate too Dylan, but right now, we're in a different packs territory and they are loyal to their Alpha, so don't go acting all crazy on everybody before getting the facts. Think things through and listen for a change... you know Raiden would tell you the same thing." — Maddox huffs and I scowl.

I hate it when he makes sense and I still hate the part of me that has grown oddly attached to the beast ever since he helped me save Raiden that night.

Groaning because I knew my stupid wolf was right, I roll my eyes and look at Liam again, agreeing this is what my mate would tell me to do — Think before reacting, so I do. "I'm listening."