Chapter 39 | PHASE THREE: Sunset date

The rewrite will have 100 chapters in total and but will be removed in February, completed or not due to publication issues.

On REAM - the Kindle version will be uploaded with all of the changes, upgrades and additions to the story.

I am no longer on Patreon.

If you're not familiar with Ream - go to my BIO. There you will find step by step instructions on how to join and how to get the app on your phone ( if you have an IPhone )

The Kindle version will be uploaded to Kindle on February 14, 2024. . . And this book will be split up into 3 seperate books. So the first book, Chapters 1-33 will be posted to Kindle on the release date listed above.

I have 5 books coming to Kindle between the months of January & April 2024❤️

Until tonight, my love has already been posted to Kindle. The formatting is awful but it's there lmao!

————————————

RAIDEN ||

I admit that I wasn't completely truthful with Dylan earlier. I had in fact worked today on a project for a nearby property but the fact that I was still working was not true.

In fact what I was doing in place of waiting for our date to begin was visiting the restaurant that Dylan took me to for our first date.

The interest that Maxx had shown in my brandings made me feel extremely uncomfortable at first because being a Warlock himself, he would have known where they came from and how they were given to me but he also might actually hold the answer to the burning question that seemed to plague my mind since that night terror.

What exactly did these brandings mean, how would they affect my life and would I ever truly be safe from Dax's grasp again?

"You will be ok, Raiden, try not to worry so much. Dax won't be able to hurt you anymore." — Onyx tries his best to reassure me.

"Thanks Onyx." — I say, despite the urge to throw up right here on this floor.

Sitting in his back office as instructed, Maxx showed his face after about twenty minutes of me waiting patiently, a grim look on his face as I sat bare chested in one of the chairs located inside.

"Raiden," Maxx starts, my face distorting with anything but excitement as I didn't exactly like his tone in this instance. "What you need to understand is all magic, all spells, all bindings have loopholes," Then he pauses as his eyes linger on my chest before meeting mine yet again. "All except brandings."

Hearing that, I frown. "What exactly are brandings? What purpose do they hold?"

That's when Maxx shakes his head, body nervously shifting in place. "Brandings are a way of magic users to claim an individual, to bind their soul to someone who is not their Match nor their Gemini. Your brandings signal this Warlock's ownership over you, completely."

I blink, chest gently heaving hearing the word ownership. Dax used the very same word in my night terror. He used that very same word for the years he held me captive in that Lab, in those cells, in his bed.