Chapter 54 | PHASE THREE: Mission

DYLAN ||

"You lied, little one."

I swallow nervously as I continue to look at my mate. What the fuck did he mean by that? What did I lie about? Why is so angry with me right now?

"Dylan."

I frown at the sound of my name, I hate that fucking name coming from him and he knows that. I knew from all that's happened in our past, that I'm in serious trouble if he ever calls me that. "Baby, what did I do?"

Raiden's eyes narrow. "You lied."

"About what?" I ask, taking a hesitant step towards the bed.

"About not putting yourself in danger... you fucking lied to me." I flinch at his sudden use of foul language, if it's another thing I knew about my mate, it was that he didn't use strong language as much as me, so when he did, he was either really upset or was about to lay down the law in his own way.

I withdraw into myself. "Babe, you're cursing at me."

"Yeah I am," Raiden growls. "because you fucking lied Dylan."

"Stop calling me that." I tell him, my frown deepening.

"No, because you lied," He snarls, standing up from the bed and making his way towards me. "You told me you wouldn't put yourself in harms way, you promised me."

With how fast Raiden was moving, I immediately was concerned about his back. S she's he hasn't moved this fast in two weeks and he's still healing, so he needs to calm the fuck down.

Yell at me and be mad, whatever, but I won't allow him to hurt himself in the process.

"Babe, stop, calm down, your back." I tell him as I meet him the rest of the way, then wrap my arms around his waist.

"Don't fucking touch me!" Raiden roars as he shoves my arms from his body.

"What the fuck Raiden!" I yell back, sizing him up and pretty fucking hurt that he would shove me away like that. "What's wrong with you? Why are you being such a dick?"

"Because you lied Dylan!" This time, his tone had gained an octave. "You promised me you wouldn't put yourself in danger, but you lied. I heard your whole conversation with Gabe and Hunter, oh and Taj and Cassius of all fucking people!"

I suck in a sharp breath then. I didn't know he was listening to that, fuck me, that's why he's so mad.

"Ok babe, ok I can explain." I reach out for him again, only for him to shove my hands away.

"Stop touching me Dylan!" He shoves my hands away for the second time. "I don't want to hear shit that you have to say, you promised me something, knowing you were lying straight to my face."

"No, it's not like that babe," I shake my head. "please listen."

"I don't want to fucking listen..." He growls, trying to move past me before hunching over and crying out in pain.

I rush over to him to help, slowly pulling him upright despite his constant ways of trying to fight me off.

We both knew that if he was fully healed, he would have no problem overpowering me, as he's shown me so many stupid times, but right now, I was the stronger one and he needed my help, whether he wanted to except it or not.

The curse words that flew out of his mouth and the continuous ways he was fighting me off him were absolutely ridiculous though.

I understand that I lied and I would have to make that up to him, but he needed my help right now, so he shouldn't be going against me like this.