Chapter 71 | PHASE FOUR: Masterpiece

RAIDEN ||

Dylan had been gone for an entire week at this point and my heart was truly aching without him.

Which is why I traveled from the Shadow pack to the borders of the Wolf's Claw pack about three days ago and reached out through our bond for Dylan to meet me at my place outside of Ethos City, when he could.

I couldn't be too obvious and I definitely couldn't step foot across their borders with Garrett and Theo in charge, so this really was the best way to see my heartbeat.

Plus I needed to get back to my place and handle some business for potential clients and sign off on the contracts I'd emailed a few weeks prior.

Being away from my blessing proved incredibly difficult and I couldn't spend another week without him.

Our bond needed it, my heart needed it and I could feel how much Dylan needed it.

So when I heard his car pulling into my driveway, I damn near broke the door down trying to open it for him.

"Hi, my love," I whisper with such power the moment my eyes lock onto his as he rushes from his car so fast that he forgets to close the door.

"Babe!" Dylan cries out when his body collides with mine so hard that we both go tumbling to the ground and his arms wrap around my neck so hard that it's hard to breathe but I don't care.

I wrap my arms around his body and brace myself to break his fall before we can hit the ground and the moment we do, I grunt with the force of air that expels from my lungs but I ignore it to embrace my blessing.

"I missed you!" Dylan growls, pulling back from our hug just enough to look into my eyes and much to my liking, he starts planting kisses all across my features. "I missed you, I missed you, I fucking missed you!"

Laughing through his sweet assault, I twist and turn trying to break free from the way he's straddled me and pinned me to the ground, but I can't move so I just lay back and give in until Dylan has his full.

Which took a lot longer than I thought it would, but I'm not complaining too much. Our bond was finally feeling the warmth, pressure and love that it held a week ago before Dylan left back to his home pack.

"Are you happy now?" I ask the moment Dylan finally stops his kisses and looks into my eyes again, with a blush that paints his skin. "Had enough of me yet?"

Dylan shakes his head. "Fuck no, stupid, I'll never get enough of your ass."

That makes me snort as I tighten my grip on him and stand to my feet, but Dylan doesn't do the same. Instead he wraps his legs around my waist and keeps his arms around my neck, completely clinging onto me.

"Ok then." I chuckle, placing my hands underneath his ass and hiking his body up higher on mine as I struggle to carry this 180 pound man of pure muscle towards my paint room.

The trip wasn't an easy one by any means. I mean walking up a set of stairs with a grumpy, sweetly drawn man cling to your body while trying to hold up his weight on your own was a mission.

But I managed and once we a few feet away from my paint room, my legs, arms and back was done for.

Once at the door, I give Dylan's thigh a little tap. "Alright, get down, crazy."

"No," Dylan growls into the crook of my neck as he tightens his grip around my neck. "Just do whatever you were doing with me on you."

I pull a face. "That's going to be a little difficult."

"Why?"

I snort, thinking about it. "Because I was painting and I can't exactly do that with you on my lap."