Chapter 38 | PHASE THREE: Suspicious

DYLAN ||

Today was a hard day for me. After leaving Raiden's house a few days ago, I had to get back to my pack and take care of what had been trusted to me.

Today was the anniversary of Bennett's death, despite not having a body to bury properly or a grave to visit respectfully every year. . . I usually hosted a memorial for him every year by the Stone Waterfall where Dad and uncle Jake said that he'd been attacked by the rogues but I hadn't even been able to host his special event like I usually do every year because of how far I'd fallen behind on my other duites.

There were pack meetings that I needed to lead, mountains of paperwork that I had fallen behind on, the renovations of the nightclub in Ethos city, pack complaints, warrior training and the renovations to the pack daycare.

Not to mention having to deal with these conflicting fucking feelings I was now having for that domineering mate of mine.

Fucking Leopard. That stupid fucking sexy Leopard with his stupid eyes and his stupid ways and his stupid smile with his stupid scent and that stupid way he always made me melt. It's just fucking stupid.

It's the bond, that's why I'm attracted to him. That's why I miss him. That's why I loved laying in his bed, wrapped into him the way that I did.

It's the bond making me feel this way and it's stupid. Super fucking stupid.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Raiden: I miss you, handsome and I can't wait to see you this afternoon. Don't forget to bring your A- game because I plan on winning by a landslide.

I've been looking at this stupid text message and the picture attached to it for what had to be fucking hours. Trying my best to come up with a response to it that didn't sound as needy as I felt.

As much I've admitted out loud that I hated this shit, on the inside, I was a puddle of fucking goo.

I prayed for this kind of affection and attention for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, my parents are great for the most part, but I just wished that they had been a little more affectionate. They would hug me and my brothers all the time and tell us they loved us and everything, but I never felt like I got enough.

Now with Raiden, I was living in his affections and it felt so fucking good. To know that I was getting my needs met and fulfilling his at the same time, had me smiling like a damn teenaged pup hearing their crush talk to them for the first time.

The way I see it — hugging and cuddling hasn't totally crossed the line for me, so I felt like those factors were calming my homosexual panic just a smidge.

Although it felt oddly fantastic to have Raiden's practically naked body pressed against mine all night. He smelled so fucking good and held me so perfectly, I didn't even care that his dick was digging into my back the whole time. As long as the elephant trunk stayed in its cage, I was ok with it.

As the days went by, I didn't know if I was coming to terms with the fact that I have to be bisexual at the very least but I felt like it only made sense if I find Raiden attractive and I was starting to question if the bond actually had anything to do with it or if I really am attracted to men.

I don't remember ever feeling this way about any other guy growing up and I've never looked at guys in the same light as girls.

Nothing about men turned me on, yet here I am, wrapped into Raiden's aura and I find myself fighting it less and less.

Groaning aloud, I decide to finally type a message in response to the one Raiden sent like an hour ago.

Me:
Yeah ok, you cocky fucker, bowling is my shit so you're done for, Leopard and I'll bring my A-game don't worry about that. You just worry about not trying to grope me.