Chapter 29 | PHASE TWO: Pain

The rewrite will have 100 chapters in total and but will be removed in February, completed or not due to publication issues.

On REAM - the Kindle version will be uploaded with all of the changes, upgrades and additions to the story.

I am no longer on Patreon.

If you're not familiar with Ream - go to my BIO. There you will find step by step instructions on how to join and how to get the app on your phone ( if you have an IPhone )

The Kindle version will be uploaded to Kindle on February 14, 2024. . . And this book will be split up into 3 seperate books. So the first book, Chapters 1-33 will be posted to Kindle on the release date listed above.

I have 5 books coming to Kindle between the months of January & April 2024❤️

Until tonight, my love has already been posted to Kindle. The formatting is awful but it's there lmao!

————————————

DYLAN ||

Fuck him.

It's been about three weeks since I last saw Raiden at his house and to say that I was going writhing in my own skin from the distance in our bond was an understatement.

I hated every fucking thing about it. Nothing made sense and everything made sense. I wanted him because he was my mate but I hated him all the same for not even hearing me out.

I didn't have anything to do with his or Reland's fucking capture or his imprisonment or what happened to him down in the cells.

I didn't have anything to do with how mistreated he felt, I didn't hav e anything to do with my Dad and uncle Jake did. . . but Raiden wouldn't even fucking hear me out.

Not even in the slightest.

Which pissed me off even more. I know what's happened to him is wrong and I get that he feels so fucking betrayed but if he would have just let me explain what the fuck happened, he would've realized that I was a victim to this shit just as much as he was.

I may hold the title of Alpha but I'm no better than just being a pack member. . . I have no control over what happens in my pack. I have no command authority, I have no power — absolutely nothing.

Everything that happens here goes through my Dad and then uncle Jake and then Gabe and then me.

My fucking Beta is above me on the whole totem pole of power in my fucking pack and it infuriates me. Those three being my advisors, I'm forced to listen to them, to take their guidance and not make any of my own decisions because they all know what's best, according to my Dad.

If it were up to me, what happened that day would have been my conversation with Raiden, hearing his side out and then relaying that information to my Dad, uncle Jake and Gabe then going about my day and maybe texting my mate to say hello or some stupid shit like that.

But nope. . . I never get to do anything my own fucking way. I'm always locked into this mindframe of what my Dad, uncle Jake and Gabe says — goes and I just have to fucking live with it.

If Bennett were alive today, he would have been an amazing Alpha. . . he would've never allowed anyone no matter who they were to control him, to force him into submission, to take hold of his pack and make him stand by and watch it be ran any other way than what he deemed fit.