Chapter 86 | PHASE FIVE: Rescue

9,484 words of heart pounding goodness! Enjoy this one besties!

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Gory, graphic depictions of violence. Graphic scenes involving fighting, war, bloodshed, conflict and death.

—————————————————————

DYLAN ||

There was one thing on my mind. Get to my mate.

So when Vizceryn brought everyone to the portal that led to the Dark Realm, I grabbed my team and moved towards the region of Layvok.

The region where my mate was being kept prisoner by Dax Kyles Varexium and when I got my hands on that fucking prick, I was going to make him pay.

Dax was about to see why he'd messed with the wrong bond.

I hadn't been able to really lay eyes on the other regions here as Eva and Maxx made quick work of getting us through undetected, but when we come out to the Region of Layvok, I pause, my entire body shrinking under the weight of death that claimed its home here.

There's a heaviness to the forest here, no life, no streams of clear blue water but bathed in blood and tar.

"Where are we?" I ask, looking around and cringing at the lack of life.

"It is called the Dark Forest," Vizceryn fills in, gesturing for us to follow him.

All of us creep towards the edge of the Dark Forest, eyes having to adjust to the fog and misty atmosphere, bodies having to adjust to the chilled night air.

Vizceryn, Quiweeme and Weheil said this forest belonged to the Dark Fae mainly, although it was meant to separate their region from the Coven's region.

The Dark Fae ruled this forest and the Covens knew it. They would never step foot in here, which somehow brought me some form of comfort.

There was no light, everything cloaked in darkness and despair. Screeches are heard up above, my eyes immediately find Dragon shifters flying above.

Eva and Maxx open another portal, all of us stepping out right in front of what I could only assume was Dax's castle that Raiden spoke about.

I nod to Vizceryn and Maxx, letting them now to start their part of the mission, which entailed using the packs and the prides to cause a war against the Varexium Coven, drawing the leeches out of hiding so I could get to the only thing that mattered to me.

My mate.

The eerie scenery escapes me. I completely bypass it and the death and dead nature and lack of life here. The gray skies and fog that covered this part of the Realm made me uncomfortable but I don't focus on it.

Instead I make my way towards the gates and slip through the opening that Hero said would be there.

Hero, my Dad, Roman and Reland follow behind me before Hero quickly takes the front, leading us towards the side of the castle and a set of staircases that had a black door at the very top of them.

Once we're at the bottom of the staircase, we all set our watches to 15 minutes. That's what we have to get Raiden out of this castle and then 15 minutes of a battle that was sure to ensue outside of the castle before Vizceryn and the rest of the Light Elves have to leave the Realm or we're all stuck here for eternity.

Or some dramatic shit like that.

"Let's go, no talking, just move quickly and quietly," Hero instructs, tightening the straps of his vest. "If you see a Coven member, be still and make no sudden movements. I'll get us something that will help with fighting their magic."