Chapter 34 | PHASE THREE: First date

Super long chapter for you guys! I was going to split this chapter up into two parts but I really wanted it to be in Dylan's POV and then give you all a little extra in Raiden's POV, so I hope you all enjoy this one lol

It's over 8,100 words of cuteness!

PLEASE, PLEASE Comment! I love reading all of your comments and engaging with you guys! It's my favorite part of this platform, so share those thoughts!

——————————————

DYLAN ||

This is not a date. It's not a fucking date. It's not, it's not a date. It's a dinner between two mates who are fucking trying to mend their dumbass, confusing bond. It's just a dinner, like a meeting. A meeting dinner. . . wait no, a dinner meeting with my mate. That's it, just a dinner meeting. It's not a date. It's not a date.

"This is a date." — Maddox deadpans, his voice incredibly serious yet the way his body was vibrating with excitement told otherwise.

Maddox is wrong though, this is not a date.

I looked up the definition of a date — partly because I've never actually been on one and partly because I wanted to prove Maddox wrong.

A date is defined as a social or romantic appointment or engagement. . . Which is only partly true between Raiden and me. This is a social appointment or a meeting but there's no romantic crap involved.

I don't love him. . . and he doesn't love me. That's what romantic means between two people right? In order to be romantic with someone else, you have to love them and although dinner can be romantic, I doubt Raiden sees this as a date.

Because it's not. . . It's not a date.

It's a meeting. A fucking dinner meeting.

"Than why have you taken the past three hours getting ready? Why have you focused so hard on your hair and your outfit? You've never wore loafers and slacks in your life. You don't even dress up for Alpha meetings, yet here you are, all fancied out for our mate because this is a —"

"It's not a date," — I quickly cut Maddox off before he could continue his bullshit. — "And for your information, I'm dressing up because this is a fancy restaurant."

"And why would you take our mate to a fancy restaurant for just a dinner meeting? You've had those before but they've never been in fancy places, so why now?" — Maddox asks, his amusement dripping from his tone.

I don't answer him because this is not a date. Although I couldn't help but notice my reflection as I stood in front of the floor length mirror in the corner of my bedroom, eyes assessing everything that Maddox had so annoyingly mentioned.

My hair usually had this spiky weird thing going on, but Gabe had taken the time to so rudely teach me about the concept of hair gel while Avery and Hunter had picked my outfit for the night.

I called them over because I was at a fucking standstill on what to actually do and how to dress and how to look nice for something like this —

"A date?" — Maddox interjects and I shove him back.

A dinner meeting. . . This was a dinner meeting. I was a standstill on how to look nice for a dinner meeting with my mate.

At first my useless friends all laughed at me and much like Maddox teased me about being so cute and flustered but with one threat from me, they not so quickly shut up and helped me get my shit together all the while snickering and giggling like fucking school girls.