Chapter 72 | PHASE FOUR: Energy

RAIDEN ||

Dylan and I had spent a beautiful night in my paint room last night but now being afternoon of the following day, he was due back in the Wolf's Claw pack.

Unfortunately he was having some serious stomach problems, constantly throwing up and food aversions, not to mention how irritable he'd become because of it.

I didn't want to Dylan to go. I really, really didn't want him to go, but I knew it would be selfish of me to hold him back from not only a mission for his father but a mission that he'd wanted to do.

Especially now with him being so sick and vulnerable, which made me want to ask Onyx his opinions on it.

"Onyx, what do you think about Dylan's illness? Do you think I should let him go back to his old pack?" — I ask, waiting for him to wake up from his nap and answer me.

Onyx gives a little stretch and a yawn as he wakes up, slowly lifting his head from his paws to answer me.

"I don't think it's an illness." — Onyx says in the midst of another yawn.

"Well what do you think it is then?" — I ask, frowning just a little bit as I walk hand in hand with Dylan.

We'd decided to take both of our cars, so that I had a way to get back to the Shadow pack and wait for him once he was done with his mission here with the Wolf's Claw pack.

Unfortunately I had to park farther away as I didn't want to alarm anyone in this new line of leadership, so that meant waiting for Dylan to park in his pack, then come back to me where I was parked and then we would walk back to his home pack together and once we said our goodbyes, I would then walk back to my car. . . alone.

"I think his body is going through a physical change, I think maybe he might be growing a womb, his scent is a lot sweeter than it was before." — Onyx admits in the silence I'd created.

"Yeah I noticed that too." — Sighing, I narrow my eyes slightly as I look to my right to see Dylan had in fact dulled over these past few hours and his scent was insanely sweet, like mouthwatering sweet.

Usually Dylan smelled like honey and lemon, the perfect sweet to it's sour, but now his scent carrying the faintest scent of cinnamon.

His new scent shouldn't work as well with his previous ones, but oddly enough, it did and it's perfect, almost like it's apart of him that was supposed to be there all along.

"Onyx, do you really think he could have grown a womb?" — I find myself asking and Onyx stretches again before answering.

"It makes sense with his symptoms."

"But dad said Alpha males can't grow a womb, that Alpha males can't get pregnant." — I mention, thinking back to the very long and awkward talk I'd endured with my father.

"Raiden, I love Dad. I really do, but you have too much belief in him." — Onyx deadpans.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because Dad doesn't know everything, he obviously got his information from somewhere, most likely old books or something. The Gods and Goddesses have created a way for men to grow wombs and carry cubs." — Onyx explains and I nod.

"I know, but it's only if their mate is an Alpha right?"

"I'm not sure Raiden, but did you ever think that Dad wouldn't really know what a male can do in a bond with another male because he's only ever had bonds with females?" — Onyx's question makes everything just stop as my eyes lock onto Dylan again.