Chapter 49 | PHASE THREE: Fear

DYLAN ||

Shortly after watching a little bit of my favorite show in my bedroom, my eyelids grew heavy. Turning off my TV, I roll over and try to find a comfortable position before allowing my eyes to close.

However seconds later, the strongest feeling of nausea and fear rippled through me, causing me to sit upright in bed and search for the nearest toilet.

Rushing to the bathroom, I heave into the toilet and groan defeatedly as nothing came out.

Wobbling over to the sink, I splash cold water over my face because I just couldn't shake this feeling of gut wrenching fear that had taken over my entire being so fast that I grew nauseous.

I was sweating, shaking, my heart was racing, I couldn't catch my breath. It was like my whole body was going through withdrawals, but the cause was unknown.

This sudden burst of energy had Maddox going crazy as well. He was clawing at the veil I put up right before bed. I wanted some peace and quiet without all of his commentary tonight, but I didn't want to fully block him out because we talked about how rude that was. So all I did was put up a veil inbetween our communication instead of completely shoving him into the confines of my mind.

The veil wasn't very useful right now though, seeing how he was desperately trying to rip into the damn thing.

I couldn't handle what my body was going through and the incessant pressure that Maddox was putting on my head, so I dropped the veil and allowed him through.

"DYLAN!" - He shouts the moment that I do and rushes to the forefront of my mind.

"Yes Maddox? Why are you hollering?" - Wincing at his tone, I brace myself on the counter as another bout of nausea waves through.

"GET TO OUR MATE DYLAN, NOW!" - Maddox panics, however his sudden urge to be near Raiden threw me off.

"What? Why? I'm sure Raiden and On-"

"Now Dylan, something is wrong!" - His whines were starting to annoy me.

"Maddox, they're probably sleeping. Now I don't feel good, so please stop yel-"

"Dylan please! If you don't go, I'll force control. We both know I will, please go find them! I can't feel Onyx, something is wrong!" - Rolling my eyes, I agree to go check on my mate for Maddox's sake and mine because I wouldn't be getting any sleep with him being as crazed as he is right now.

Slowly making my way down to the livingroom, fighting the spouts of nausea, I look on each couch and then the chairs and then in the kitchen.

When I don't see him, I head for the game room because the door was closed. Knocking on it once, I knock again when he doesn't answer.

I wanted to give up and go hug the toilet all night, but Maddox's running commentary was driving me fucking nuts and I knew he wouldn't stop until he had peace of mind, knowing our mate was ok.

So instead of knocking again, I open the door and turn on the light. His scent was here, but more like on a dormant level. Like it was only here because of his presence being in the room recently, not because he was in here right now.

Nothing about that made sense and looking the clock on the wall, it was after eleven, so Raiden should have been in the packhouse and sleep by now.

After checking the bathroom, then the closet, still finding no traces of my mate, I run out of game room and weave through the house, making my way to the front door.

"Dylan!" Hearing my name, I turn around to see Roman, Hunter, Gabe and Avery running down the stairs.

Rushing towards Roman, I ask. "Have you seen Raiden?"