Chapter 36 | PHASE THREE: Progress

Unedited, but I'll get to it eventually lol
Enjoy!

Comment . Vote . Emotion away

———————————

DYLAN ||

For hours there was this nagging feeling in the back of my head. Something telling me to go back to Raiden, to see him or to check on him at the very least.

For hours, I tossed and turned in bed after leaving his house. Our dinner meeting had went pretty damn good if I do say so myself and despite the other embarrassing shit that happened, I was pleased with the way shit went.

"Even the touching and the looks and you wanting to be kissed at the end of the night?" — Maddox teases.

I sigh, remembering what he meant. The very first moment that Raiden stepped out of his house, looking the way that he did, I was a fucking goner.

Besides the bond doing it's bullshit, I couldn't for the life of me figure out if I was actually attracted to Raiden because of what Goddess deemed so or if I was actually attracted to him because I'm somehow attracted to guys, even though I've never actually looked at another guy in that way.

That fucking presence that looked over my life everytime I even thought about Raiden being a man would rear it's ugly head and remind me that an Alpha male doesn't accept another male leading by his side.

But for some strange reason, I had accepted Raiden just a few hours ago. I almost lost my shit when he grabbed my hips and bent down to grab my keys, his eyes never leaving mine. The smug bastard.

I almost lost my shit when he licked his lips or took a fucking sip of water. I almost lost my shit when he smiled at me a total of eleven times during our dinner.

I was basically eye fucking the shit out of my mate the entire night and I was about a hair away from caving into his touch when I'd thought he was going to kiss me at the end of the night.

All of those things should have made me run the other way, screaming and fighting for my fucking life but they hadn't. . . My body just allowed that shit to happen. I submitted to him.

I accepted his actions, like they were nothing. Like Raiden wasn't another man who'd tried to kiss me.

Being in his presence, all of the noise and the chaos and the confusion and the fear that controlled my life seemed to just disappear and everything for once in my life was so. . . quiet.

And for the first time in my existence. . . I welcomed that silence. It felt good. Nobody hanging over me and watching my every move, nobody bothering me and changing every single thing that I did, moved nagging me over what should or shouldn't happen, how I should or shouldn't act, the way I should or shouldn't run my pack.

Everything was so quiet and it felt so fucking good and without fighting it, I just. . . welcomed it.

It felt like Raiden's presence had become my safe place and I didn't want to fight it. I may still be uncomfortable with the fact that we both have dicks and what that eventually would lead to in the future, but I welcomed his presence because of how quiet everything had become.

Until now.

I just couldn't sleep with how tense I felt, I couldn't think with how loud everything was, I couldn't focus on getting comfortable because of how uncomfortable my bond felt.