Part 16: Merry Christmas and surprise

Thanks to Old Man Kaseki and Chrome making the waterwheel, you guys were now in the age of energy.

"So what is this thing," Kohaku asked.

"A hydroelectric generator," Senku said.

"Hydroelectric..." Kinro said.

"Generator..." Ginro said.

"This is on another evel-lay. You realize that," Gen said.

Senku chuckled. "Don't look at me for this one. You can thank Chrome and Old Man Kaseki. They built this gigantic waterwheel on their own."

"Gott say, that was pretty amazing of them," you said. "Way to go above and beyond."

Both yours and Senku's words got Chrome and Old Man Kaseki happy and proud of themselves.

"It's not done yet, though," Senku admitted. He looked at the electricity that was coming out of the little space between the two wires. "All of the precious electricity this is harnessing is still leaking away."

"Um...okay. What do you mean by that," Kohaku asked.

"It's simple Kohaku. We need to make containers to hold the loose electricity," you said.

"Uh! Wait, we can store that spinning power," Ginro asked.

"Yeah," Senku said as he noticed the tired Chrome and Old Man Kaseki on the ground. "Although they're gonna be kind of a pain to build."

"When is it never," you sighed

"That's fair," Senku chuckled. "Now get off your asses, you two! We got an insane amount of hard-mode crafting to do before we're able to make our cell phones, so there's no time to rest."

Everyone but you and Senku grunted. Was Senku being serious? Plus Chrome and Old Man Kaseki were so tired that they couldn't get up.

"It's the beginning of our very own Spartan crafts club," Sneku stated.

"That sounds fun," you said as you cracked your knuckles.

"You bet it will," Senku said as he wrapped an arm around you. "Get excited!"

You guys went back to the lab to make the container which was the battery. You guys had to make some glass bottles. Then you guys took two sheets of lead and put them in one of the bottles. Then you guys pour some sulfuric acid into the bottle or as you guys call it for fun, the two face Goddess Sulfurina. Then all you had to do was put some electricity in the bottle and bam, you guys got stored power. It was relatively simple compared to other things you guys had to do. Now all that was left was to make five more and connect them all.

You guys went back to the waterwheel and tied the now six connected bottles side by side. And now batteries were acquired.

"I dunno...Are these tiny things really holding all that much power," Ginro asked, clearly skeptical. "We had to work our butts off to spin--"

Ginro then touched the bottles and screamed in pain as he was shocked. You guys just stood there as that was proof that there was electricity in those bottles.

Ginro gasped as he recovered. "So does that mean that Kinro and I don't have to do all that grueling work by hand anymore?"

Both Kinron and Ginro looked at Senku with hope in their eyes. Did this really mean the end of their hard labor?

"You bet. Never again," Senku said. "I told you, didn't I? We're in the age of energy now."

Kinro and Ginro high five as they were so happy. Kinro tried to hold it together as Ginro let happy tears fall.