Part 52: The power of a father's will

"A concrete ball...Really," Gen said

"Yeah. Assuming it survived. Hard to beat a concrete shell when it comes to preserving things over time," Senku stated.

"And it's similar to the one when we recovered the record which Koahku was able to break using force," you said

"But she's deep inside the enemy's base. If she makes too much noise she'll be heard," Soyuz said.

"It's not like there's a way to smash a boulder open all sneaky like. They'll catch her for sure," Suika said.

"Hm? Ugh, if only we had something like a silent bomb to work with," Senku sighed.

Gen chuckled. "Too bad. A spy weapon that is ridiculous can only exist in the daydreams of a middle schooler."

"Hate to burst your bubble Gen but Silent Bombs are actually real," you said.

"Eriously-say," Gen exclaimed shocked.

"Yep. As real as these hands," Senku stated as he showed Gen his hands.

"You mean that crap actually exists?!? And the name is seriously that on the nose," Gen asked, shocked.

"Yeah. They're used to quietly bust open concrete in residential areas," you said. "The technical term is non-explosive demolition agent. Silent Bomb is honestly more of a brand name."

So you guys were gonna use Silent Bombs to break the concrete shell. By mixing diluted sulphuric acid with Anhydrite he creates expanding Plaster which, when inserted into holes in the concrete, forcibly expands and cracks the concrete open from the inside. So you guys made two more mini-mice-mobiles to send the supplies for the bombs to the spy team and to dig. Using Kohaku's strength was gonna help you guys to break through the shell. With the help of the ear piece, Senku explained how to do it so Kohaku would be able to do it probably. After following Senku's instructions, all Kohaku had to do was wait for the Plaster to break the concrete because due to the Plaster being stuck in that confined space, it's forced to make space which is what's gonna shatter the concrete.

The next day you, Gen and Senku were in the cave as Soyuz and Suik waited to receive the mini-mice-mobiles from Kohaku.

"Damn it all. This motor is trash. The axle's too wobbly," Senku said disappointed.

"At least it was good enough for the mini-mice-mobiles. The jankey movements made them more life-like," Gen said.

"Yeah but a drone made with these, it'll crash for sure," Senku stated. "I could really use Kaseki's skills right now."

"True but we gotta work with what we got. I'm sure you'll be able to do this Senku," you reassured.

Senku got a little smile as your words did cheer him up a bit but it doesn't change the fact that you guys are in for a world of pain and frustration for this drone.

"Look a mouse-mobile! I think we just got a special delivery from Kohaku and the spy team!"

You guys turn around to see Suika and Soyuz coming back with Suika excitedly holding a mouse-mobile. She hands the mouse-mobile to Senku and he places it on the table. You all gather around to see what's inside. Senku takes the covers off to see a mini sack. He opened it to see what was inside and was a bit shocked by what he saw. He then pours the contents of the sack on the table.

"It's just sand," Gen said, a bit disappointed.

"It does have a lot of sparkly bits. So there's that," Suika said.