Part 46: Getting closer as a couple~

Next up for you guys after some winter sports, was possibly the most intense and expensive day ever. That was no other than Valentine's day. The day where people give others chocolates, candies and other goodies to show their love. But in Japan it was different.

Valentine's day was the day for which men are usually expected to do very little on February 14th and it is the women who are expected to be the principal gift-giver. Not just to their partner, but also to men with whom they share any kind of significant relationship. And while cards, flowers, jewelry or expensive dinners are good gift ideas for Valentine's Day in many countries, there is only one acceptable option in Japan: lots and lots of chocolate. There were three different kinds of chocolates a girl could give a guy, Giri-choco, Honmei-choco, Tomo-choco. Giri-choco was given to male friends, bosses, family members or work colleagues and it was translated to 'obligation chocolate'. Honmei-choco were often hand-made for an extra personal touch and given exclusively to a significant other, whether a boyfriend, husband, or lover. Tomo-choco was typically chocolate gifted between female friends, and enjoyed away from the men. There was also Jibun-choco which was chocolate you buy and gift yourself for a well-deserved little treat. But just because men don't have to spend money on Valentine's Day doesn't mean they get away with not reciprocating for the rest of the year. March 14th was White Day in Japan. It was the day where men are expected to present girls with gifts roughly two or three times the value of what they received a month earlier. One of those gifts can be Gyaku-choco which means 'reverse chocolate' but other gifts include food like white chocolate, marshmallows, candy, cookies, and other "white" accessories like jewelry, bags, lotions, and lingerie. However in modern day the gift doesn't have to be white but some people still like white to go with the day.

So with Valentine's day being a big day in Japan and you guys wanting to bring back everything. Naturally you guys would bring back Valentine's day. So you guys made chocolate. Throw some laurel leaves into ozone and you get vanilla essence. Then the purple snap pea powder will give a hint of cacao. Then give some bitterness with nuts and drizzle vanilla essence then you guys got a chocolate substitute.

"Ah we're doing Valentine's day," Gen said.

"Valentine's day," Kohaku said confused.

"Take a look," Gen said softly. "Events like this are important too. Think of the Drago we'll make. I mean, it's for morale."

The chocolate substitute was passed around and just like cotton candy, the villagers loved it.

"Even after thousands of years, people still love chocolate," Senku said.

"Well it is chocolate and you can't go wrong with it," Gen said as ate some chocolate.

Senku chuckled. "Yeah that is true."

He then felt a lip poke on his cheek. He turned his head to notice that you were handing him some as you ate some.

"Aw, how sweet of you to give your husband some chocolate for Valentine's day y/n-chan," Gen teased. "Is it Honmei-choco?"

"Well naturally it would be," you said. "No way I'm giving my husband Giri-choco and I can't give him Tomo-choco for obvious reasons."

Senku smirked. "You made me some chocolate. How sweet of you."

"Well, that is Valentine's day or more specifically how Honmei-choco works. Homemade chocolate for that special someone," you said.

Senku lightly chuckled as he took a bite of the chocolate. He thanked you for it and wrapped his arm around you as you two enjoyed your chocolate.

*Timeskip*

You guys then help Minami develop the pictures she has taken. A good amount of them are just pictures of you guys messing around but she said that she had to get pictures of everyday life like any good reporter would do. However her mood went down as she mentioned something of this year possibly being your last year together. This confused you guys as she got a bit embarrassed since she didn't mean to say that out loud. She then told you guys that you guys could add your own captions to the photos.