Part 62: New project, allies, connections and home

"It's time for progress, Gen," you stated.

Senku chuckled. "She's right. Get excited, everyone. We're going to the moon."

Gen laughed nervously. "I was at the point where I didn't think any of our cockamamie projects could shock me but a full-blew moon landing in the stone world?"

"AHH! How can we get to the moon if we're all the way down here, Senku," Suika asked as she was very confused.

Senku chuckled. "The same way The Kingdom of Science always does things. Taking it one step at a time."

"It's totally different, though, except for the part about how crazy it sounds. But this is crazy on steroids," Nikki commented.

"Ha. Now that we know our enemy's base is somewhere on the moon, do we just try to ignore it and await our fate? Nah, that's never been our style," Kohaku stated.

"Ha-Ha! So in this new world, we even desire the very stars in the sky," Ryusui exclaimed.

"Too cool. Science is so unbelievably bad," Chrome exclaimed.

"Yeah, well, building rockets is Senku's specialty, so it's meant to be," Taiju stated as he grabbed one of the basket-backpacks. "What sort of things are we gonna gather this time, you guys?"

"We're collecting materials from all over the world," Senku stated.

"Get excited, everyone. Because the New World Moon Landing project starts now," you stated.

The following day, everyone went around the island, getting the statutes of the still petrified people. They will then pour the revival fluid and watch as the statue comes back to life. They were impressed as they could swear it's magic.

"I feel completely awe-struck. This science sorcery is wondrous," Matsukaze said. "If only we had this knowledge when those horrid devices first rained down and ruined our lives."

"So, um, are there any other devices laying around since there was a whole storm and all," Chrome asked as he ate some fish.

"No. My lord had me destroy the lot of them. Except for the device bandits took, that is," Matsukaze stated.

"Then our Medusas is the only Grogan left," Gen said.

"And as long as we have a statue, we can cure its effects. So let's wake everyone up and get the hell off this island, guys," Senku said.

You all liked that idea as it was safe to say you all had enough of the Treasure Island for a while. You guys continued to revive everyone, including the island soldiers, since Ibara was taken care of. And sure enough, they didn't become hostile. Instead, they joined Kirisame and Orashi to the Master's hut where Soyuz was. Soyuz paid his respects to his father, and when he left the hut, he noticed them all standing there and bowing to him since he was the prince.

"I'm sad about Soyuz's dad. It's gotta be hard seeing him sit right there and still not be able to talk to him at all," Suika said.

You clenched your fist and looked at the ground. You get a flashback when you find your parent's statues. The pain you felt seeing them. Knowing they were right there in front of you but still out of your reach. You honestly felt your hand start to shake, but it stopped when you felt a warmth cover it. You look to your side to see Senku was holding your hand as he looks off at the main place. A little smile forms and you rest your head against his shoulder.