Part 34: Backstabber and bloodshed

After a walk, you guys arrived at where the hospital used to be. Unfortunately some of the statues got stuck inside the ground which meant you guys had to dig them up. But Senku was prepared as always.

"We can mine 'em out with dynamite," Senku stated as he held out a stick of dynamite.

"No, that's a really bad idea," Chrome stated, clearly not liking the idea.

"Won't that just destroy them in the process," Gen pointed out.

"Ah, don't worry. It's only to break up the hard bedrock," Senku reassured. He then got a mischievous grin on his face. "And if a couple of 'em happen to get blown up by accident, oh, well! We'll just glue 'em back together, won't we?"

Yuzuriha weakly pressed her fist against Senku's back as she had a worried expression. "Um, and who do you think will be the one to do all that painstaking work, Senku? Please don't!"

But with not much choice, you guys ended up using the dynamite. After the dynamite made a craters, you guys would dig.

After the sunset, Tsukasa found his little sister. He had a gentle smile when he saw his sister's statute intact and safe. He took her out and laid her on the ground as you all gathered around her. Senku kneeled down and was about to pour the revival fluid on Tsukasa's sister, Mirai.

"Hold on, Senku," Taiju said.

Taiju's scream made Senku stop.

"Mirai's naked! Don't look at her," Taiju yelled as he poked Senku in his eyes.

Your eyes widened as Senku screams in pain.

"Taiju what the hell," you yelled as you knelt down to Senku.

"I'm sorry but we can't revive her right now," Taiju stated.

"Here we go again with this same nonsense," Senku groaned as he rubbed his eyes. "This is an emergency, and we're in the stone world! Nobody cares if you're butt-naked, or if your peepee's hanging out."

"He has a point, Taiju," you agreed. "As much as it's nice you have morals, there's a right time and place for them."

"Exactly," Senku said. "Look, we'll figure it out once we wake her--"

"Is this about the right size," Yuzuriha asked, holding a newly made dress.

Everyone was shocked and/or impressed by how fast Yuzuriha managed to make a dress for Mirai. So the boys went off to the side as you girls dressed her. After Mirai was fully dressed, Senku was allowed to pour the revival fluid on her.

The statue began to crack and the villagers were amazed by what was going on while the rest of you were hoping Mirai would be okay. After a few seconds, Mirai broke out of the stone and managed to stand up. Tsukasa's eyes widened as Mirai was awake.

"What just happened? Where am I," Mirai asked.

"Hey, Mirai," Tsuaksa said softly.

"Big...brother," Mirai said as her eyes adjusted. She then smiled as Tsukasa was about to cry. "Wow. You've gotten super old. You look really handsome, though. How many years have I been asleep?"

"Six years. No..." Tukasa pulled her into a hug as he began to cry. "It's been thousands of years, Mirai."

Kohaku hugged herself as she looked at the sunrise. "Even though there was no chance for recovery, he kept on fighting and never gave up hope. For years and years. You've been waiting for this, haven't you, Tsukasa? All that time... for this very moment."

You had a small smile with soft eyes. "All those years of waiting just for this moment to finally hold your sister. All that pain for this moment."

Senku pulled you for a side hug as you thought of your parents.