Valentine's day Special

*A/n: So season four and final season Dr. Stone: Science Future doesn't air for a while but I can't wait too long to write something for this book. And then I remembered this song, John Michael Howell - Hypothetically. And you can't tell me this isn't for Senku. And I just want to write a valentines special so what better than Senku and y/n. So this is a simple scenario in the modern world. Enjoy.*

Valentine's day. The day where people give others chocolates, candies and other goodies to show their love. But in Japan it was different.

Valentine's day was the day for which men are usually expected to do very little on February 14th and it is the women who are expected to be the principal gift-giver. Not just to their partner, but also to men with whom they share any kind of significant relationship. And while cards, flowers, jewelry or expensive dinners are good gift ideas for Valentine's Day in many countries, there is only one acceptable option in Japan: lots and lots of chocolate. There were three different kinds of chocolates a girl could give a guy, Giri-choco, Honmei-choco, Tomo-choco. Giri-choco was given to male friends, bosses, family members or work colleagues and it was translated to 'obligation chocolate'. Honmei-choco were often hand-made for an extra personal touch and given exclusively to a significant other, whether a boyfriend, husband, or lover. Tomo-choco was typically chocolate gifted between female friends, and enjoyed away from the men. There was also Jibun-choco which was chocolate you buy and gift yourself for a well-deserved little treat.

But just because men don't have to spend money on Valentine's Day doesn't mean they get away with not reciprocating for the rest of the year. March 14th was White Day in Japan. It was the day where men are expected to present girls with gifts roughly two or three times the value of what they received a month earlier. One of those gifts can be Gyaku-choco which means 'reverse chocolate' but other gifts include food like white chocolate, marshmallows, candy, cookies, and other "white" accessories like jewelry, bags, lotions, and lingerie. However in modern day the gift doesn't have to be white but some people still like white to go with the day.

So it's safe to say that Valentine's day is a big day in Japan. And it's very big in high school. Girls giving chocolates to everyone and possibly confessing their love to the one. Boys waiting and praying they get chocolate, mainly Tomo-choco from their crush. Then you have others who don't really care if they receive any chocolate. Or the ones who have been planning for this day for months and want to make it perfect for the one. Valentine's day is a big day in a teens life.

"Senku!"

The class jumped as Senku remained unaffected and continued to write some notes down. Taiju walks over to his desk and puts down two little bags of chocolate with hearts in the bag.

"Kanroji is giving out Giri-choco to everyone in our grade," Taiju exclaimed. "And she asked me to deliver yours, so here."

Taiju slides one of the bags to Senku. Senku glanced at it before going back to his notes. Taiju gets a bit confused and figures Senku just didn't see it. So he slides it closer to him. Senku once again doesn't really react to it and Taiju simply grabs it and pressed it against his cheek. This finally got Senku to look up from his notes.

"What are you doing," Senku asked.

"Take your chocolate," Taiju said.

Senku's eyes glanced down to the bag, still pressed on his cheek then back to his big oaf of a friend. He then grabs his wrist and pulls his hand away from his face.

"Thanks but I don't want it," Senku said.

"Why? It's Valentine's day," Taiju said.

"Valentine's day is just another day," Senku stated.