Chapter 1: the shy child

Dogday POV:

A nice day in the playcare. Orphan children laughing and having fun playing, making all kinds of things with their creative minds and hearts. November 13th, 1993.

I was doing my job as per usual, like the other smiling critters who were all busy doing what they do best. Picky Piggy came up to me.

"Heya Dogday! I was gonna go have some snacks! Wanna come with?"

"Oh, not this time Picky. Sorry, I still want to patrol the Playcare. Maybe next time, okay?"

"Oh, alright! I'll go ask Bobby Bearhug then! Bye!"

The Smiling Critters....... each of us have a unique personality with unique skills. Crafty Corn is good at arts and crafts, Picky Piggy is good at eating, Bobby Bearhug is good at affection...... and Catnap...... well...... he's still upset his toy was recalled. We've tried cheering him up but he's distant and creepy...... we just leave him to whatever he does. Maybe he'll open up one day.......

As I'm patrolling the Playcare I spot someone on a bench. A small child, no older than 8. They were sitting alone, so I went up to them. They seemed slightly afraid, but let me sit next to them."

"Hello there. May I ask your name?"

"(Name here)......"

"Oh, what a wonderful name! What are you doing here by yourself?"

"I don't have any friends here......"

"I see, would you like to hang out with me then? I'm just patrolling the playcare but I'm happy to help out a lonely child!"

They looked at me as if contemplating my offer, before smiling and nodding. I gently picked up the child and carried them with me around the Playcare. They seemed very happy.

"Dogday, can I tell you something?"

"Of course, (name)! What is it?"

"Last night, I was awake during nighttime-"

"How is that possible? Catnap's sleeping gas assures all children fall asleep?"

"I'm...... I'm not affected by it...... I don't know how, but I get in trouble a lot because the gas doesn't affect me at all......."

"Huh..... that's odd, well, continue."

"Anyways, when I looked around, I saw Catnap........ he was staring right at me...... and he kept staring, never moving his eyes once....... it scared me really bad......."

"I see...... would you like to draw him to make you feel better? I know that sometimes it helps to get your feelings on paper. Perhaps I can get some supplies from Crafty Corn?"

Once again, they contemplated my offer, before nodding hesitantly.

"Excellent!"

♡TIMESKIP♡

I was watching them draw carefully. I have to admit, for an 8 year old they drew really well. They drew Catnap staring his usual stare, before showing it to me.

"Is this good.....?"

"This is wonderful! You are such a talented artist, (name)! I bet Catnap would like to see this!"

They looked nervous.

"But what if he doesn't.....?"

"Well, then I'm sure Crafty Corn will hang it up somewhere!"

"Okay......."

Then, I heard Ms. Delight. It must be nap time.....

"(Name)! Where are you child? Why aren't you with the other kids?"

"I'm right here Ms. Delight......"

"Oh, dear please don't run off like that! I know you're sad and miserable but try to make a few friends okay? Okay! Now move!"

They looked at me.

"Bye-bye Dogday...... see you later....."

"Bye-Bye (name)! Have a good nap!"

As they walked away, I felt a presence approach me. I turned and saw Catnap, with his usual stare.

"What a surprise to see you here. Do you need something?"

"That child......."

"What about them?"

"I don't like that child......."

"You don't seem to like any children, I'm not very surprised you don't like them either. Is it because they somehow aren't affected by your sleeping gas?"

"Maybe......"

"Well I can't fix that. But you know what happens if you lay a hand on the children, you'll get sent back to the scientists."

Catnap makes a low growl before walking away. Seriously...... what's wrong with him?.......

FIRST CHAPTER >:D -Solaris <3

&quot;Dogday's Angel&quot; a Dogday x GN! Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें