Chapter 45: A New Journey Lies Ahead

(Name) POV:

I woke up on the couch next to Dogday. I smiled at him.

"Good morning, Dogdad!"

"Good morning, (Name)."

"How are you this morning?"

"I feel better than I've ever felt. Freedom feels amazing......"

"Yeah......."

"Something wrong?"

"I just...... I wish Catnap was here. He deserved his freedom......"

"I know...... I still miss him too...... but we know he's probably looking down at us from the sky......"

"Right...... in fact, Dogday, I have something here for you......."

"Hm?"

I pull out Catnap's pendant.

"I took this from his body...... I thought you'd want to have it......"

"(Name), this is......"

He teared up, looking at me with a smile.

"Thank you so much, (Name). I will take good care of it......"

"You're welcome!"

I look out the window and smile.

"We've worked hard, haven't we?"

"We certainly have....."

"It's hard to believe we're finally free....... free from the Prototype, free from suffering..... and now nobody will have to deal with that again."

"You're right. It's just us four now......"

Dogday looks at me, with a gentle smile.

"Wanna go outside?"

"Absolutely!"

We go outside. I sit in the grass and smile at him. He smiles at me. Both of us feel happier than ever. We look around. Mommy is planting flowers, and Huggy is eating a deer he killed.

"This is nice......"

"It really is. And it's all thanks to you, (Name), that we can have days like this forever."

"No matter what happens, where we go, we will always have each other."

Both of us smile at each other. Suddenly, we hear a sound from a nearby bush. All four of us turn our heads. A small squeak is heard, before out comes one of the tiny critters. Specifically, of Catnap. All of our eyes widen. We look at each other, before back at the innocent Critter.

"Catnap......?"

"*happy squeak*"

We rush over to it and pull it into our arms. Tiny Catnap starts purring and smiles at us. We smile at each other, knowing Catnap must have sent this one to us from the clouds. Mommy takes him into her arms.

"I'll get him inside......"

And as the day passes, all of us smile at each other again, before looking out into the sky.

"So...... what do we do now?"

THE END

And that's it!! Now, for the segment you probably expected if you read my replies to comments, or didn't expect if you, well, didn't! Time to vote! See, I have an idea for a spinoff series(thanks to a comment who gave me the idea) that is sort of like an "ask the characters" series! I used to watch these a lot, and I'm sure many of you still have questions you'd like to ask different characters! So, comment here if I should or should not! After 3 days I will decide based on the majority! Anyways, thank you all for reading this story! -Solaris <3