Chapter 20: What They've Done

A note to those who join my Discord Server from here on: I'm sorry I am not active very often. From now on I will only respond if I am tagged/mentioned, sorry for the inconvenience! -Solaris <3

(Name) POV:

I'm afraid of death. The thought I could die trying to save those I love and possibly fail them and cause them even more pain terrifies me. But if I have a chance, I'll take it. But my plan starts with finding out what the Hour of Joy is.

As we wandered to the area Poppy claimed would have my answers, I looked around the Playcare again. So devoid of color and light...... I remember running around this place, giving Crafty Corn artwork, getting help with homework from Bubba Bubbaphant....... and now that's all gone.

I started to wonder why the other Smiling Critters weren't here. I looked around, but nobody was around.

"Hey, Dogdad?"

"Yes, angel?"

"Where are the other Smiling Critters......? Why aren't they here?"

"........."

"Angel, I want to tell you the truth but I fear it would hurt you......"

"I don't care...... where are they?"

"(Name)....... the others are all dead......"

"What!? Tell me you're joking, please?"

"I'm afraid I can't. Did you see that bloodstain on the floor in front of the statue at the entrance......?"

"Yes......?"

"That's Hoppy Hopscotch's blood...... when she tried to hop to the moon one final time......"

I teared up. There's no way she would do that...... right?

"I-I don't believe you!"

"Don't believe all you want, but it's what happened (Name). Every one of them except for me and Catnap is dead."

"And you're just....... accepting it!?"

"I don't want to accept it, but I have to. Because believe it or not, I witnessed a few of them!! Angel, I never wanted to hear Bubba's cries for help, or Crafty's screams in agony. I especially never wanted to witness Hoppy fall to her own death! But it happened, and I can't change it!!"

"..........."

I began to sob. Poppy sighs.

"There, there (Name)...... we have to keep going."

"It's not fair...... why did Catnap do it......"

"None of us will ever know why Catnap does what he does...... but if you want to find a way to make him better crying about what he's done isn't going to help your case......"

"I know......"

I begin to calm down. I look at them.

"I'm sorry...... let's just keep going....."

"That's the spirit!"

We continue walking to the place Poppy mentioned. Finally, we reach it. Poppy grabs a tape from up high, jumping back into Dogday's hands. She hands me the tape.

"This is your answer...... to all the questions you have......."

I put the tape in the VHS player. Then, I play it. I look at the TV. As each footage shows, my eyes grow wider and wider in horror. The deaths got more and more horrific, the floors were covered in bodies. I couldn't take it. I looked at them.

"You witnessed this.......?"

"I didn't, but Dogday did......"

"It's true...... Hoppy died in the middle of it all. I heard every scream, I saw Catnap slaughter every person that came into the room........"

"Why........"

"They killed everyone. Guilty, innocent, didn't matter. It was all just senseless slaughter that didn't solve a thing."

"Why do you call it the Hour of Joy......?"

"We don't. But he does......"

"He......?"

I looked over, and saw two glowing white pupils staring at me from the shadows. That's when I realized he'd been watching this whole time.

"........Catnap.........."

I hope you guys liked this chapter! Also, regarding the painting I decided I would make it a half/half painting of Catnap AND Dogday, so stay tuned for that! Btw I am going to list a banger song up above, unless it doesn't show for you guys bc Wattpad doesn't like me :3 Anyways, bye! -Solaris <3