Chapter 25: Overprotective Parent

Mini doodle made by me on a classroom table :3 also I started playing Obey Me again, yippee!

Dogday POV:

           A few days went by. (Name) decided to take a break from work and hang out around the Playcare. Catnap struck up a conversation with (Name), and they were talking happily. I walked behind them. I couldn't help but feel...... upset? No, no. I should be happy they are getting along. But...... why is (Name) constantly ignoring me for Catnap.....? He just got his second chance.......

"Hey, (Name)?"

"Oh! Yes Dogday?"

"........"

"Hm?"

"Can you come here?"

"Oh! Sure!"

             I saw Catnap stare at me. But eventually he walked away to go chat with Poppy. I sighed, and looked at (Name), my ears drooping.

"What is it?"

"Why are you getting so close with Catnap.....?"

"Because I want to? After all, he just decided to take our side!"

"But...... I'm just worried you'll get hurt....... and why don't you call me Dogdad anymore......?"

"Dogday, are you okay....?"

"There you go again! Angel, *sigh* I just want to know why you and Catnap are ignoring me....... I mean, I'd understand a conversation but you haven't spoken to me since before Catnap joined us...... and you cuddle him to sleep instead of me......"

"Dogday, I'm sorry...... I just wanted Catnap to know he's loved for once...... and not in a toxic way......."

"I'm sorry, Angel...... I shouldn't have said that. I just...... I miss us cuddling, and chatting and having fun......"

"I'm sorry, Dogdad. I promise I'll include you more, okay?"

"Thank you, Angel."

                I hug them, smiling. I don't know why I felt so jealous of Catnap when (Name) was just trying to be kind to him. I still don't trust that Catnap won't turn on us, but if (Name) is willing to cuddle him and fall asleep close to him at night without issue, then I'm sure nothing bad will happen........

Right?

HAPPY LEAP YEAR!! It's also a good day for me bc I'm a Genshin player and it's Bennett's birthday!! Anyways, someone in my Discord Server requested overprotective Dogday, and so I wanted to write a mini chapter🥰 especially since it's a leap year!! I hope you guys have a good day and take care of yourselves! -Solaris <3