Chapter 22: Lost Friends

DISCLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER WILL GO AFTER THE THEORY THAT DOGDAY WAS ONCE A WORKER AT THE FACTORY. IT'S NOT CONFIRMED, BUT SINCE I KIND OF BELIEVE THE THEORY I WANTED TO ADD IT. -Solaris <3

Poppy's POV:

I woke up after a little while. Only to find Dogday missing and (Name) heavily injured.

"(Name)!!"

"Mh....... Po-ppy......?"

"(Name), what happened.......?"

"Catnap....... took Dogday......."

"Oh no...... we need to go after him!! He could kill Dogday!!"

(Name) tries to get up but is too weak. I grab some bandages from their bag and wrap them around them.

"(Name)...... are you okay?"

"I'll be fine......"

They managed to get up, and picked me up.

"We need to find them as soon as possible....."

Both of us explore the Playcare, visit old places we think they would be, but nothing. (Name) gets more and more upset, even crying a bit out of fear that Dogday might already be dead.

After we visited the place we originally found Dogday, but he wasn't there either, (Name) collapsed. They started sobbing. I quickly ran over to them.

"(Name)??"

"Where is he......"

"We'll find him, I promise!"

"It's not fair...... why did Catnap have to take him......"

"I may have an answer......"

"What do you mean....?"

"Well....... you know that Catnap is a child, right......?"

"Yeah, of course. What about it?"

"Well, the workers here also experimented on other workers....... Dogday is one of those workers."

"Dogday used to work here.....?"

"Yes."

"I see......so Catnap wants to kill Dogday because he doesn't worship the Prototype and because he used to work here?"

"Correct."

"I suppose I understand his reasoning but...... Dogday doesn't want to hurt anyone! All Catnap does is hurt everyone!"

"But Catnap doesn't realize that. He thinks what he's doing is the right thing. And cats don't play fair. If you think it will be easy to sway Catnap you're mistaken."

"I don't know why I thought it would be easy...... but we have to keep trying. But first, we need to rescue Dogday...... the longer we wait the more injured he could be!"

"Let's go then."

We set off to continue looking. We'll find you Dogday, just wait for us....... I am confident (Name) can put an end to this madness.......

Another short chapter, I'm sorry T-T but I hope you liked it anyway! -Solaris <3