Chapter 38: The Ultimate Sacrifice

(Name) POV:

We were trying all we could to defeat the Prototype. We were making more progress than before, which was good. But we were still struggling. Due to the many parts, the Prototype could easily kill us at any moment, so we had to always pay attention while fighting.

I had completely forgotten that the Prototype could control Catnap at any moment. And when I did remember, I assumed the Prototype had forgotten since he didn't do it yet. But I was wrong. I was dead. Wrong.

"Oh Catnap, can't you see these toys are merely using you? You know I'd never hurt you, I just want to make them part of me so we can get our revenge......."

"No!! I don't believe that!! You won't fool me again!"

"Catnap...... join me again and I promise I won't kill you......"

"........"

He looked at me, and I looked at him. I shook my head. Catnap glared at the Prototype.

"Never!!"

He swung his axe like crazy. I was happy that he could be so strong. I continued to help out. But unfortunately, the Prototype attempted to control Catnap again. I noticed the moment Catnap dropped his axe and shrieked while releasing a lot of red smoke. I flew over to him.

"Catnap, fight it! I know you can do it Catnap......"

"(Name)...... it...... hurts!!"

"It's okay Catnap, it's okay just keep fighting it. We can cover for you, okay?"

"I can't...... it hurts too much......"

"Catnap please, do this for us......."

"I don't want to hurt you again (Name)...... or our family......."

"Catnap!!"

"I won't let him hurt us again...... I know what I need to do...... I'm sorry......"

"Catnap don't you dare!! We need you!!"

Catnap ran directly at the Prototype, and allowed himself to be killed. I screamed and reached out for him.

"CATNAP!!"

Dogday stopped. He looked down at Catnap's body. His eyes widened, and he ran up to Catnap.

"No...... no no, you bastard what did you do!?"

"No........"

I broke down, sobbing hysterically. Dogday held me close and cried as well. Mommy swung over to us and hugged me.

"It's okay dear...... he did it for us......."

"But it's not fair!! He didn't have to do that!!"

"He was in pain, (Name)...... if he waited any longer he would have been controlled..... he didn't want that to happen......."

"We could have handled it!! W-we could have-"

"No, (Name)...... there's nothing we could have done....... Catnap made that decision....... and now he's free......"

I sobbed more, out of anger, pain, and sadness. I was in utter despair knowing that I couldn't have done anything to stop Catnap from his sacrifice. All I could do was stare at his body as it was attached to the Prototype.

"You bastard....... I WILL END YOU!!"

I was angry. I stood up, looking at Dogday and Mommy.

"We are going to take 1006 down once and for all....... for Catnap."

"For Catnap......."

There you go! I hope you enjoyed, or cried, whatever your response was. I have every last chapter planned out, from this one to chapter 45. Bye bye now! -Solaris <3