Chapter 33: Square One, Minus One

(Name) POV:

             I struggled to sleep because of Poppy's words. But I knew I would get nowhere if I was tired. The others woke me up in the morning.

"(Name), wake up......."

"Mh...... what's happening?"

"*chuckle* nothing, it's just morning. You need to get up so we can start training."

"*huff* alright......"

              I get up. I'm still getting used to this body. But I like it. I have wings now, and they function, so I can fly, which is pretty useful.

"Alright, (Name), are you ready?"

"Yeah."

"Mommy will be the one to explain the functions to you. She helped out a lot making the body."

"Okay."

"Yoo hoo! Over here (Name) darling!"

"*chuckle* okay Mommy...... I'm here."

"Good! Let's start with explaining your functions! Considering this place isn't full of kids anymore, I was allowed to go wild with your fuctions! So you are more dangerous!"

"Ah, alright. What can I do?"

"First of all, you have better grip than the other Smiling Critters. Those things they put on certain kinds of socks for better grip? Yeah, I added those to your hands and feet!"

"Huh? Oh, sweet!"

"Mhm! And, I also added a fire function! Consider yourself a living flamethrower! Just press this button here on your nose!"

             I pressed the button, and suddenly fire came out of my mouth.

"Woah! That's awesome! So uh, how did I not catch fire?"

"I made the suit fireproof. Don't ask how I did that, just go with it, okay?"

"Ah, okay...... um, anything else?"

"Your tail can grow more spikes than it already has! Since the tail and wings are made of metal, I made retractable spikes!"

"How are these inside a children's factory......?"

"I don't know, and I'm not about to break the fourth wall to ask!"

"Um....... okay....... sure......."

              I spent the majority of the day practicing with my features, As well as flying. I did pretty well! I would fly, and then fall, and Dogday would catch me. I didn't know he was strong enough to catch me, but I'm happy he did. Otherwise I might be in pieces right now......

             But the whole time, I kept thinking about Poppy. How was she going to find an exit without us? Was it even possible? With someone her size, she'd surely need help....... but, it doesn't matter. She decided to leave us, why should I care what she does now? But...... I'm still worried. What if something happens to her? I'd never forgive myself if she died.......

               Then, Dogday came up to me.

"Hey kiddo....... what's wrong? I noticed you looked conflicted......."

"Well, it's just, I'm worried about Poppy. We had an argument last night, and she left......."

"I heard. But, she's on her own now. If she doesn't want help, don't give it to her. Pressuring her will probably anger her more. Perhaps she'll calm down and come back, or not. But there's nothing you can do until she does."

"You're right....... I suppose I'll stop worrying for now. I have too many things to focus on, and if I'm too worried about something when fighting the Prototype, I'll lose......"

"Exactly. I'm proud of you, Angel."

"Thanks, Dogdad, for being there for me......."

"No problem."

Say something random in the comments cause idk what to say here- I might reply, or not, idk- -Solaris <3

EDIT AS OF 4/02/2024: The image I posted was flagged, so you guys won't be able to see it sorry :(