Chapter 32: Midnight Sorrows

I'M BACKKKKKK🥰 Did you miss me? Don't answer that bc I know you did :3 also imma put some art I made up here, not Poppy Playtime related. Hope you like it!

(Name) POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't fall back asleep, so I decided to walk around a bit. As I was walking, I saw Poppy. She was sitting alone, looking down. Did something happen? Is she okay? I should go check up on her........

"Poppy?"

"Ah, (Name), it's you........"

"Yeah, is something wrong?"

"Oh no, it's nothing......"

"It's not nothing. You can tell me, I'll listen......."

"*sigh* okay....... well, the truth is, recently I lost a friend of mine to the Prototype. She was a toy too. And she was trying to help me with my goal...... unfortunately she stayed behind to activate an elevator for me and........ well, all I heard was screaming as I tried desperately to come back up....... I didn't make it in time."

"Oh no....... Poppy, I'm sorry......."

"*tearing up* when I got back up all I saw was blood splattered all over the walls and floor....... I couldn't find her anywhere and when the Prototype takes someone, they never live........"

"......."

"I wished I made it sooner, not that I could have done anything with my small body but at least there would have been a small chance........"

"There's nothing you could have done...... but trust me, we'll take down the Prototype for good and never have to worry about losing each other again......"

"But (Name), that's the problem!! We didn't even harm him that badly before you died!! Who's to say you won't just die again, huh!? I don't believe we can do this anymore! I just don't see us defeating someone like him! I mean, we're just...... us! And he's a giant monster combined of many things!"

"Poppy, calm down!"

"No, (Name)! There's no chance of us all defeating him! I'm done playing these games where I have the slightest hope we can actually do something!! You guys can go and try to fight him, but I'm leaving! I'll find a way out of this damn factory myself!!"

"Poppy!!"

But I was too late. She left the Playcare. I sat there, tears coming in. Was she right? All this time I've just been believing, hoping we could take him down butt she has a point. Maybe I'm just delusional. Maybe I died for nothing........

But then I felt a paw on my shoulder. I turned and saw Catnap.

"Catnap.....?"

"I heard everything. I'm sorry (Name)......."

"No, it's okay......"

"She does have a point. It will be near impossible to take down the Prototype, but I still have hope. Mommy, Dogday, all of us still have hope even after you died. Think about it, you just aren't human anymore. You can still fight, you just need more time........ but I believe in you."

"Oh Catnap....... thank you for that."

"You're welcome. Now let's get back to bed. I want to make sure you have sweet dreams so tomorrow can be a better day......."

"Yeah, let's go........"

I may just be delusional, but if there's even a small chance we can escape this Hell and take down that monster for good, I'll take it. I'll train hard, and when the day finally comes, I'll face that bastard again and slaughter him so every soul here will be free........

Sorry I left guys, I was super busy :(
but I hope you liked this chapter! -Solaris <3