Chapter 29: Devastating Fate

(Name) POV:

I quickly turned around to see Mommy Lomg Legs had jumped in. How did she get out? That doesn't matter, she's helping me and that's important. I ran back to Catnap and Dogday and we prepared for a fight.

Mommy was currently attempting to strangle the Prototype, but it wasn't working. I turned to Catnap and Dogday.

"This is our chance. All of us have to contribute. It's now or never."

"(Name), I'm scared...... what if the Prototype controls me again.....?"

"He won't. Just resist as much as you can and fight as hard as you can. I believe in you, Catnap......"

"I believe in you too, Catnap. We may not have had the best relationship, but I am confident you can help us win. You're my best friend, after all."

I saw Catnap look at Dogday, shocked. Then, he hugged Dogday tightly.

"I won't let you down......."

"Great. Let's do this."

Each of us jumped in to do something. Dogday and Catnap ran to help Mommy Long Legs. I looked around for something I could use to take down the Prototype. I reached in my bag. Let's see...... a bat would probably break, I don't think he'd be injured with a gun....... maybe an axe?

I grab the axe, running up to the Prototype's massive body. He had already tangled up Mommy, causing her to be stuck in her own arms and legs. Dogday and Catnap were doing what they could. I used the axe and swung multiple times. The Prototype threw Dogday against the wall, causing him to hit his head and pass out.

"Dogdad!!"

I ran in his direction, dropping the axe. Catnap was on the ground, weakened. The Prototype looked at him.

"Catnap........"

"No, don't you dare! I won't go down like this!......"

"You have already done so much....... come on, won't you join me again?"

"Stop using your child voice! I-I won't listen to you!"

"Yes you will. Come, Catnap....... come, Theodore........"

My eyes widened as Catnap tried so hard to resist the Prototype's control, but ultimately fell under.

"Catnap, no!! Snap out of it!!"

Catnap growled, looking at me. Dogday woke up and looked in fear.

"(Name), run!! Get out of here!! Go!!"

"Wha-"

No time. I bolted towards the Prototype, grabbing my axe. But right as I was about to swing....... I felt a sharp pain......

"Your reign is over, (Name)........ sleep well."

My eyes grew heavy, as blood spilled from my body. I looked at Dogday, who screamed and ran in my direction, before my eyes closed.

I'm sorry, Dad....... I've failed you........

How unfortunate....... -Solaris <3