Chapter 24: Redemption

Dogday POV:

To be honest, I'm not ready to confront Catnap again. He put me through so much and did so many unforgivable things....... but (Name) insists we give him a chance. I don't want to be the one to tell them that Catnap really doesn't deserve a second chance...... nor do I think he even wants one.

But if it makes (Name) happy, I'm going to let them do what they want. But so help me, if Catnap lays a paw on (Name) while I'm still awake, he'll learn what a rabid dog is. And he'll learn quick.

"(Name), stay close."

"Why?"

"I just want you to be safe from Catnap...... you know he's not a good person- well, toy."

"I know...... but Dogday, at some point we're gonna have to."

"*sigh* (Name)...... at some point you're going to learn the harsh truth..... but I'm not going to be the one to tell it......."

"I know you think Catnap doesn't deserve a second chance...... but he's a child......."

"That doesn't excuse him slaughtering all of our friends......"

"I know. But he's suffering just like you. I think the reason he doesn't like you is just that you once worked here......"

"I did not willingly choose to become this....... they forced me. It was the worst day of my life......"

"Dogday......"

"Angel, I'm fine now...... no more discussions. Let's continue on."

As we wandered silently, a pair of eyes emerged from the shadows.

"Catnap......"

"Why do you continue after me........?"

Before I could say anything, (Name) stepped up.

"Catnap, you have to hear us out. Please, we don't want to hurt you......"

"You couldn't hurt me if you tried......."

"That's not what I'm here for. I'm trying to convince you to side with us....."

"I will never side with you...... I know the Prototype will save us all........"

"Catnap he wants to kill you for his own gain!!"

"Then so be it......."

"Catnap, no!"

(Name) grabbed Catnap's paw, which only caused Catnap to screech loudly and throw them against a wall. I glared.

"Catnap, how could you!!"

"Remember what I did to you Dogday...... and I will not hesitate to do it again."

"I'm only in on this because of (Name). I would never give you a second chance if they hadn't persuaded me to try."

"I am not deserving of a second chance......."

"But we are willing to give you one. We used to be best friends Catnap......"

"You are a worker...... I was once a child you were supposed to protect. Now look at me...... in this toy body that I never wanted to be in......."

"You think I wanted to be like this!? Nobody that became a toy was willing to become one!! Everyone, workers, children, adults, all of us were forced to become this! We have to stick together......"

"I want freedom......."

"The Prototype won't give you freedom Catnap...... but we will if you just trust us......"

I saw tears in Catnap's eyes. He slowly walked over to me, placing his head on my shoulder. I could hear quiet crying, and I sighed.

"Catnap....... we're here to help you......"

"I want freedom...... it hurts......."

"We all want freedom...... and (Name) returned after so long to give us just that......."

"I was angry they escaped so long ago...... only because I was not so lucky....."

"It's okay Catnap...... we're here now...... and thanks to (Name)'s persuasion...... we forgive you."

"Dogday....... I am sorry........"

"Welcome back, Theo......."

"Thank you........ I will trust you and (Name)....... if I can really be free as you say........"

CATNAP REDEMPTION ARC :D (I can't write redemption arcs, bare with me if this is a cringy chapter but I hope you liked it anyways :3) -Solaris <3