Chapter 2: Nighttime Troubles

Reader POV:

As usual, the lights went out and everyone fell asleep to Catnap's sleeping gas....... well, except me. I closed my eyes to pretend just so Ms. Delight wouldn't punish me again. Then, when it was clear, I snuck over to Catnap. He was staring right at me so it wasn't hard.

"Catnap.....?"

"........"

"Um...... this is for you...... I made it......."

"........."

Silent as ever. Why is he so quiet? Does he not like kids.......? I set the drawing under his paw. He growled when I lifted his paw, which frightened me. But he was distracted, so I took that chance to sneak out of the room.

I managed to avoid Ms. Delight and her sisters. I snuck to the main area of the Playcare, looking for Dogday.

"Dogday.....?"

"Yes (Name)?"

I jumped, before looking behind me.

"You scared me......"

"Sorry! What did you need? Why aren't you in the Nighttime area?"

"I gave Catnap my drawing...... but he didn't react. He was just quiet...... he growled at me when I tried to give it to him."

"I see. That's to be expected though, unfortunately Catnap is bit of a loner......"

"Oh, okay......"

"Hey, it's okay. You can hang out with me!"

"Really? Won't I get in trouble?"

"It's fine! Just come with me!"

"Okay!"

-Timeskip-

Me and Dogday were making drawings, telling jokes and having fun. This is a much better way to spend nighttime......

"(NAME)!!"

Uh oh. Ms. Delight!!

"Hi Ms. Delight.....!"

"Don't 'hi' me! You're in big trouble! Get back to the Nighttime area! Now!"

I looked at Dogday, frowning

"Sorry......."

"It's okay! I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay-"

"MARCH!!"

Quick chapter, random chapter, I'm in class rn :3 -Solaris <3