Chapter 40: For Those who Have Fallen

(Name) POV:

We took the corpses of Poppy, Kissy, and Catnap and we gathered what we could to prepare a funeral. Mommy scattered lavenders over each body, Dogday found a spot to dig holes to bury them in, and I prepared speeches for each of them.

"Are we ready for this.....?"

"We were never ready for this......"

"Right, well, let's go........"

Dogday buried the bodies, Mommy scattered more lavenders, and I walked over to the bodies. I stood in front of Kissy's body first.

"I didn't know much about Kissy. I knew she was helpful, and kind...... I knew she wanted peace for everyone, and was a child at heart...... quite literally. Anyways, she didn't deserve what happened to her...... and I'll miss her often even if I didn't know her well......"

Then, I walked over to Poppy. I sighed, knowing this was going to bring out some feelings of regret inside me.

"Poppy....... we all knew her. She helped us so much....... it was hard when she went on her own path...... if I had known this would happen, I would have forced her to stay........ but there's nothing I can do now, and I regret letting her leave........ she was such a good friend to us....... I hope she rests easy, despite her terrible death......"

And finally, I walked over to Catnap. We were all already tearing up, but it was even harder not to cry when I got to him.

"Theodore........ Catnap...... he was like a little brother to me..... and to us all he was like family....... we put so much effort into redeeming him, and in the end he sacrificed his life so we could defeat the Prototype....... we will remember him forever as brave, caring, and loyal...... sleep well, Theodore...... your soul can rest well knowing you did a good thing......."

I began to sob once again, and Dogday pulled me into his arms.

"And now, a moment of silence for those who have fallen......."

We all remained silent for a long time, just looking down and wishing things didn't turn out this way. And finally, we looked at each other.

"It's time to leave this place for good......."

"Yeah, let's go......."

So uh- I've never been to a funeral, so I have no idea how funerals work- so I had a friend of mine who's been to a few look over this and they said it was okay so- I really hope this didn't disrespect or offend anyone! And if it did I'm so so so sorry T-T Bye now! -Solaris <3