Chapter 17: Well-Deserved Rest

(Name) POV:

The plan...... I'll be honest and say I don't have a plan. I know the Prototype is bad, and I know he had something to do with the "Hour of Joy" but that's all I know.

I turn to them, smiling.

"We should probably find a safe hiding spot to sleep first...... I'm tired......."

Poppy looks worried.

"That will be hard to do...... but if you insist......."

"I know. But we will feel better........"

"Alright, we trust you."

They follow me. Eventually, we find a good enough spot to rest. Poppy sleeps on a pillow, and I rest on Dogday's chest. Dogday smiles down at me, patting my head.

"You know, I'm so proud of you....... you were brave enough to return here and rescue me........"

"Thank you, dad...... I know we can figure out this all together...... after some well-deserved rest......"

"I missed your smile, I remember seeing you smile at me all the time when you made your colorful drawings, you were so full of light......."

"I...... actually have something for you. If you'll accept it......."

"Really? What is it, my child?"

I reach in my bag, pulling out a drawing. It was a drawing of Dogday, I put all my effort into it. He saw it and his eyes widened. He smiled, his voice cracking.

"This....... this is amazing....... thank you, (Name)"

"You're welcome, dad...... I love you."

"I love you too...... and I believe you can do whatever you put your mind towards...... if you were able to save me from death, then I know you can take down the Prototype....... and Catnap."

"Let's get some rest, dad....... you need it......."

He kisses my head, hugging me and holding me close to him as we drift off to sleep........

tomorrow is going to be a hard day...... let's make tonight as peaceful as we can........

Sorry for the short chapter, I'm listening to "More Than Anything" from Hazbin Hotel on repeat rn and i can imagine Dogday singing this to (Name) which is making me want to cry- -Solaris <3