Chapter 9: Flayed Unicorn

Dogday POV:

I woke up, stirring a bit before remembering everything I witnessed and heard from before. Bubba....... why would Catnap do this.....? I guess I'll have to figure this out on my own and try to save the others......

I spent the whole night trying to figure it out. Then, it hit me. Catnap was trying to get rid of all of us...... that "Prototype" he mentioned...... must be the source of why he's doing this.

I ran to Crafty Corn. She's usually up drawing, and although she was a little strange before, I need to start somewhere.

"Crafty! Crafty open up, it's important!! Please!!"

"Woah, woah! Calm down, come in, what's wrong Dogday?"

"Crafty, it's about Catnap. I need you to snap out of whatever spell he's put you under, because you could be in serious danger!!"

"What.....?"

"CRAFTY!!"

I slapped her with my paw. She seemed to "wake up" after that. Huh, that actually worked...... are my paws that rough?

"What are you talking about? I-Is there a way to stop it? What is Catnap planning, do you know?"

"I don't know. What I do know is that he's killed two of us and the rest of us are in great danger. He could even be planning to get rid of everyone in this factory for all I know......"

"He couldn't do that! There's too many workers, he's not that strong!"

"He couldn't...... not alone. Does Catnap ever mention a Prototype to you?"

"Yeah..... he told me something about the Prototype saving us....?"

"Good, I'm not alone. But anyways, this Prototype is most likely Catnap's boss. And a lot stronger than him...... whatever they are planning, all of us are in danger. You need to warn the others and we are going to go up against Catnap. Do you trust me, Crafty?"

"Yes...... I don't wanna lose more of us...... who did Catnap kill.....?"

"Kickin Chicken, and Bubba Bubbaphant....... and what's worse, he fed them to Picky Piggy."

"What!? Oh no...... no no no no no no no-"

"Crafty, calm down, please!"

Crafty sunk to the floor, having a mental breakdown. She was sobbing, gripping her hair and shaking.

"Crafty....."

I hugged her.

"We'll be okay...... I won't let anything happen to you......"

"Promise.....? I don't wanna be fed to Picky Piggy......"

"I promise......"

I didn't realize how wrong I was.

The next morning, Crafty let me know she had warned the others, but that she wanted to be alone for the day. I felt this was a major risk, but I shook my head. She's a unicorn and she has sharp objects in her art studio, she'll be fine, right?

That was, until after the orphans were put down for nap time. As I walked towards the studio to check on Crafty, I heard........

"GIVE IT HERE-"

*SCREAM*

"Crafty!?!?"

I bolted to the studio, only to feel my paws grow wet. Leaking from underneath her door was a giant pool of blood...... and a shredded red crayon. I sank to the floor, knowing I failed another one of my best friends.......

She didn't deserve this. She didn't want to die...... she was crying, shaking, begging me not to let her die to Catnap...... I promised, and I failed...... I should have been with her, even if she didn't want me to be. I should never have left her alone.......

I began sobbing violently.

"Crafty...... no......."

And all I could do was sob in anger, pain, and sadness as I heard,

"Flayed Unicorn? Mmmmm......."

I DID NOT WANT TO KILL HER OFF BUT BC OF THE LORE I HAVE TO😭😭 I'M SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SO SAD TO WRITE AND PROBABLY MADE YOU SAD :( -Solaris <3