Chapter 21: Unfortunate Encounter

(Name) POV:

"What are you doing here?"

"(Name)....... I've been watching you."

"Yeah, I get that. But why?"

"Why are you here.......? Why did you take Dogday......?"

"Because you left him to die!!"

"Heretic......"

Catnap released his red smoke. I coughed a lot, and reached out for Dogday and Poppy.

"Guys!"

But it was too late. Both of them were asleep. My eyes widened and I glared at Catnap.

"What do you want from us!?"

"You shouldn't be here...... but you are, it's too late for you......"

"I'm not affected by your red smoke and you know that! If you were trying to get me alone so you could attack me, why didn't you come after me earlier when I got here!?"

"You're perfect....... for the Prototype......."

"The Prototype isn't going to save you, Catnap!! He plans to kill you and everyone else in this factory to make himself bigger and bigger!"

"You don't understand....... the Prototype will save us......"

"Save you from what!? Every single person that worked here is dead!!"

"........."

He said nothing, but he released more red smoke. I started to get a major headache. I grabbed my head.

"What the......."

My head hurts like hell...... but I need to reach Catnap. I stumbled towards him. But I didn't get very far before he attacked me. His claws were very strong, injuring me in multiple areas. I felt my eyes starting to close.

"No..... this isn't......"

"Pathetic child....... you will never understand us......."

"I'm....... trying......."

As my eyes started to close, I saw him pick up Dogday.

"No!!........ Get away....... from him......"

Thud.

Uh-oh!! Looks like reforming Catnap is gonna be harder than the (Name) thought🤷🏻‍♀️ and now they have to save Dogday, how unfortunate😟 -Solaris <3

(Sorry for the short chapter!)