Chapter 14: The Recognized Child(Part 2)

(Name) POV:

I headed to the Game Station, and pulled the lever for Musical Memory. I was very good at this game, so it shouldn't be any trouble. I walked down the hall and into the room.

As usual, the TV showed me the rules. The buttons appeared and I pressed each button in the order they were given. It was fairly easy, and Mommy cheered for me from the window.

"You're just as smart as ever, (Name)! I'm so proud of you!"

"Thank you, Mommy."

"Here's the first part of the code!"

I took it, smiling. One down, two to go. I walk to the Game Station to start the next game. This one I wasn't very good at before, but since I've become more swift and alert across the years, I'm sure it'll be no big deal.

I played the game by the rules once again. I happened to notice Mommy was fidgeting a bit during my game, but I shrugged it off. I finished the game with ease, and Mommy gave me another part of the code. I took it. Great, just one more.

I went to the Game Station to trigger the last game, and Mommy followed.

"U-Um, (Name)...... you aren't going to really leave me, are you?"

"I'm sorry, but I need to get to the Playcare..... it's important."

"But, you could just stay here!! It's less dangerous, and we could play all the games you want!!"

"No, Mommy...... I'm sorry."

She seemed to snap after that. She grabbed me, trapping Poppy in a web and looking at me, angry.

"You aren't going anywhere!! You'll stay here where it's safe and you won't leave this place ever!! I refuse to let you leave me again!!"

"Mommy, let go!!"

"You don't get the train code...... you don't deserve it!!"

I swiftly grabbed my axe and hit her with it. I got free and snatched the last piece of the code before grabbing Poppy and running. Mommy swiftly followed, her hands stretching out to grab me.

"You won't escape, (Name)!! I will find you!!"

"Not if you are locked up!!"

I led her into a room with a shredder, but instead of turning it on I lifted the metal door, left, and slammed it shut, locking her inside. She screamed in anger and swore she would find me, but I didn't believe a word of it.

I walked to the train, sighing.

"This is it...... Poppy, when we get down there, I'm going to investigate on my own. Please, be safe."

"I will, don't worry. You do what you need to do, okay?"

"I will......."

I entered the code, and the train started moving. We went down before stopping at the Playcare. I hopped off, and took Poppy to a safe area. Then, I looked around.

"I remember you........ all too well......."

I sighed, feeling the statue in the middle.

"It's all so...... dark, and abandoned....... nothing like the bright colors I saw before......

Hang on Dogday, I'm coming........"

Aaaaand that's it! Are you guys excited for the next chapter? I know I am! I hope you enjoyed seeing some old friends, and now we get to see how our precious Dogday is doing soon! Yayyy, family reunion!! -Solaris <3