Chapter 19: Brand New Day, Brand New Problems

Art made by me :D

Dogday POV:

              I opened my eyes to see (Name) sleeping on my chest. They looked so peaceful and happy. I patted their head and smiled.

"(Name), wake up......"

"Mh....... huh......"

              I chuckled as they woke up.

"Good morning, (Name)."

"Good morning, Dogdad!"

"It's a new day..... have you figured out a plan yet?"

"I want to find out what the "Hour of Joy" is first...... do you think you can help me.....?"

                  I frowned. I had been dreading this. I knew they wanted to know, but I tried to sidetrack them...... now I'm faced with a tough decision to either tell them directly or let them figure it out.......

                 The day I never wanted to remember. The day Hoppy perished, the day Catnap would drag me away to tear me apart....... it was all utter chaos, and I despised every moment.

"I'm sorry, angel...... I want you to find out for yourself. I hate keeping things from you, but those memories are far too painful for me to recount to you......"

                Thankfully, they seemed to understand. They smiled and hugged me.

"It's okay, Dogdad. I understand."

"Thank you, angel......"

                 Poppy woke up. I picked her up, and she smiled.

"Dogday, your paws are so soft!"

"Thank you, Poppy."

"Hey (Name), do we have a plan yet?"

(Name) POV:

                   I smiled at Poppy and Dogday. They were so willing to listen to my plans for this place. They would follow my lead, no matter what. It felt amazing.

"Well, first I'm going to figure out what the Hour of Joy is......"

                   Poppy frowned. She looks away.

"I have something that might answer that......"

"What?"

"A tape...... I can lead you to it. It will answer your questions......."

"For an event called the 'Hour of Joy' you guys don't seem very joyful about it......."

                     Poppy glared at me. She stood up, tears filling her polished eyes.

"Because it wasn't joyful, (Name)! It was painful! I was locked in a case the whole time and I couldn't do anything to save anyone!!"

"Poppy...... calm down......"

"*sigh* I'm sorry...... I don't know what came over me....... just, let's get this over with....."

"I want to make sure you both get to live happily..... and not suffer anymore....... that includes every toy in this factory......."

"Why do you care so much......? None of the other orphans would have come back if they had the chance."

"I'm different. I escaped the factory, and I lived to tell the tale. And now I'm back, ready to free everyone of their suffering under the Prototype's control. You just have to trust me......"

".........I believe you can do this....... but you'll probably die trying........"

"I know. But if it's so you guys can be free, it's worth it......."

Should I make a Dogday painting? I've made loads of art of him lately and I'm pretty good at painting, maybe I should do it? -Solaris <3