Chapter 28: Sudden Distraction Plans

Catnap POV:

I was worried for (Name)'s safety. I could tell Dogday was too. One move from the Prototype, and I'd be under his control unable to stop myself from harming them. I still don't forgive myself for what I did to Dogday.

As we approached his hideout, I stopped in front of the door.

"This is it....... (Name), are you sure you can handle this?"

"........ yes. I'm sure."

"Alright........"

I opened the door, and there he stood. I watched (Name)'s eyes widen in terror seeing just how giant he was.

"So you've come....... I've been waiting......."

I stepped forward, glaring.

"We're here to stop you. You've caused so much slaughter by controlling bodies that aren't yours, and it's not right!"

"You think I would be foolish enough to carry this plan out on my own? Every rotting body you see on this floor was not killed by me. In fact, the tiny critters that serve you eat from their flesh and insides and you yourself know this, Catnap."

Dogday was terrified, seeing so many people he somewhat recognized.

"Catnap......."

"Dogday........ I'm sorry........"

"No, no....... I know it wasn't your fault. It's that mutated, insane bastard!"

The Prototype didn't like this. But before he could do anything (Name) caught his attention.

"HEY!! OVER HERE!!"

They started running and I panicked.

"(NAME) STOP!!"

The Prototype moved towards them. I started running towards (Name) but Dogday stopped me out of fear I would get hurt.

"We have to trust them Catnap......"

"They don't know how smart the Prototype is!! They are going to get-"

It was then I saw a familiar pink hand stretch out and grab the Prototype's attention. And a familiar voice scream out.......

"DON'T YOU DARE LAY THOSE FILTHY CLAWS ON (NAME)!!"

Uh oh! Unexpected guest coming to rescue (Name) from certain death?Who could it be, who could it be........? 👀 jk, you probably already know who it is, and of course I just had to bring her back because who doesn't love a cameo from someone who was the star of the show in a previous book of mine? -Solaris <3