chapter 2

"I look at you and see the rest of my life in front my eyes. "  -unknown

I hung up my phone and went to Julia, who was now talking with Oliver.

"Julia?" I called her, she turned around "I have to go. It's an emergency. We'll meet again later. Bye."

"Okay. Bye." She told me and hugged me.

After bidding my goodbye to Julia, I came out of her house looking at Oliver for the last time. I hired a cab to the hospital. Sitting in the cab I looked outside the window and tears started rolling down my cheeks. After five years why they had to come into​ my life again. I thought I would never see them again. The look on the face of Oliver, he hoped that I would talk to him. I want to talk to him and cry in his arms. But, I can't.

You're scared. You're scared that he won't love you and will push you away. My inner voice told me.

No. I'm not scared. I don't care about him. He was nothing to me.

Oh! You little. Just admit that you still have feelings for him. You still love him.

I don't know what I feel for him. Sometimes I was angry that he cheated me. Sometimes I want to believe that he won't do this to me. He loves me. Maybe there was a misunderstanding.

"Miss? We're here." The driver brings me back from my thoughts. I nodded and paid him. I thanked him and slid down the cab. He nodded and smiled.

I'm in front of the hospital and I don't know why, but my heart beat was increasing. I went inside and saw a blonde girl stand in the reception area. I went to her and gave her the details why I was here. She told me to go to the emergency room and gave me the directions. I made my way towards the emergency room and my heart stopped for a second by seeing the person standing outside the door.

"Mommy!" She ran to me as soon as she saw me. Mara, my five year old daughter. She is not only my daughter, she is my life.

She's crying. I picked her up and went to Elena to ask what happened. Elena is Mara's babysitter. She is the one whom I trust with Mara. She takes good care of Mara. She was in her mid thirties. "What happened? Why are you guys in the hospital?" I asked Elena, wiping Mara tears.

She told me everything that happened when they were in the park. She told me that when she went to buy an ice cream for Mara, a car came towards Mara which she didn't see and then some stranger saved her. He was now getting treatment. Elena told me that while saving Mara he got injured.

"Don't worry baby. Everything will be fine." I comforted Mara. The doctor came out from the operating room.

"How is he, doctor?" I asked.

"He'll be fine. He'll be conscious in two hours." He said.

"Can we see him?" I asked. I want to thank him for saving Mara. I owe him.

"Yes. you can, but don't disturb him."

"Okay." I murmured slowly and he nodded.

I went inside and saw the man on the bed unconscious. My eyes widened in shock. He was none other than Raymond, Mara's father. I never imagined that I would see him one day unconsciously lying on the bed after five years . Before I knew I started crying.

"Mommy, is dad going to be okay?" Mara asked. She knows everything about her father. He didn't know that he had such a beautiful daughter. He never gave me a chance to tell him. And now I don't know if I can tell him or not. I don't want to be a house wrecker. He was happily married to Julia.

"I promise you, he'll be alright." I said and kissed her forehead.

She nodded and we got out there. I told the same receptionist who called me to call for his family. I paid for his bills and left a thank you note with a flower bouquet in his room and left.

I gave Elena the day off and she went home. I hired the cab. I gave the driver my apartment address. Mara was sitting beside me still crying. I placed my arms around her shoulders to comfort her.

"Don't cry baby. I can't see you crying."

"Mommy? Are you going to send me away with my father?" She asked and tears rolled down, I immediately hugged her. I don't know how to answer her. I can't live without her.

"What do you want me to do?" I pulled away to see her face .

"I want to be with you." She said and hugged me.

"Love you, baby."

"Love you too, mommy." She said.

After a few minutes we were in front of our apartment, I paid the driver and thanked him. We entered the elevator and pressed the button to our floor. After the elevator doors opened we were out and I unlocked the apartment door. I closed the door behind me.

I ordered dinner from Chinese restaurant. Usually I make dinner, but today I'm tired. We need to get a bath. I made my way to Mara's bathroom, she had a bath and I wrapped her in a towel. I grabbed her penguin pyjamas and she wore it. I took shower myself and wore my pink pyjamas. We both ate the food. I read a bedtime story to Mara. I finished the story and realised that she was already asleep.

I turned off the lights in her room and then I decided to watch TV. I grabbed the remote and flipped the channels. My phone started ringing, I looked at the caller ID. It's my mom. I answered the phone.

"Hi! Mom."

"Hello! Darling. What happened? You sound sad." She said.

"Why did you call? Don't tell me you got another man for me." I was tired of my mom looking for a guy to get me tied to him. I mean she wants me to get married and settle down.

"No. Can't I check on my daughter?"

"Okay! How are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine. What about you and Mara?" She asked.

"Mara is doing great. Mom, I want to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I uh.. I saw Raymond today." I told her everything that happened today.

"So, what do you want to do now?"

"I don't know." I said, wiping my tears.

"Shhh don't cry baby. Everything will be fine. Are you planning to tell him about Mara?" She asked, comforting me.

"I don't think I will meet him again." I told her.

"Ok, sweety. Don't stress too much." She said.

"Okay Mom. I'll talk to you later. Good night."

"Good night, baby." She said and I hung up the phone. I went into my room trying to get some sleep.

Hey guys!!I

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. 

             *please vote ,comment and share if you like this story