chapter 28

"Don't take people for granted. No matter how much they love you, people get tired eventually. We are all given chances, but you never know when the last chance may be."-lessonslearnedinlife.com

My father was discharged from hospital and he's home now. I'm happy he's recovering fast. And time for us to leave has come. I feel sad leaving them again. I'm going to miss them so much. Mom and dad made me promise that I'll visit them more often.

We said our goodbyes and headed to the airport. John decided to drop us off at the airport. I got out of the car first when the car stopped.

"Why are you in a hurry to leave?" John asked, stopping me in my tracks. I turned to him and hugged him tightly letting out a sob. His hands went around me and hugged me back. "Hey! Silly girl! Don't cry. You're a big girl now, you can't cry."

He pulled back and wiped my tears. "Now look, you spoiled my shirt with your tears." He fake frowned earned a chuckle from me.

"I'm crying here and you just care about your shirt." I said and hit him on his shoulder. He chuckled.

"I'm just kidding. Take care of my niece or nephew for me, will you?" I nodded and hugged him for last time before boarding the plane with Rafael who's watching this whole drama with amusement in his eyes.

After we landed the plane it's 6 in the evening. He called his driver to pick us up. We went to a pet shop to buy Mara a puppy. We looked through a lot of puppies and lastly one caught my eye. It's totally covered with white fur except for its eyes and nose which is black. It's ears are light pinkish. When I put my hands near it, it started licking my hand with its dark pinkish tongue. I liked it immediately. The owner said it's a male and an American Eskimo dog. I paid for the puppy. He gave me a guidebook, dog food along with the puppy. We also bought a collar.

Rafael first didn't understand when I said we have to go to the pet shop then I said Oliver hates dogs. He smiled and said driver, drive to pet shop.

We arrived at the mansion where I'm currently living, Rafael accompanied me inside. When Mara saw me she literally jumped on me. I hugged her tightly. Oh God I missed her much. Everyone is in the living room. Oliver and Raymond were playing with Mara, Julia, Alex and Scarlett were chatting and Raymond's friend Robert has his face on his phone.

"I missed you, baby." I said raining kisses all over her cheeks. I looked around and everyone's eyes were on me. Oliver looked sad and worse, it's like he didn't shave his beard and had dark circles under his eyes due to lack of sleep.

"I missed you too, Mommy." She said and frowned. "Don't go anywhere without telling me or take me with you."

"I'm sorry, baby." I pouted. Oliver's eyes darkened when he saw something behind me. I turned around only to see Rafael smiling brightly.

"Uncle Rafael!" She screamed and rushed to him when she saw him. He put the box aside and lifted her up, throwing into the air catching her again while she giggled and he's laughing. He put her down and her eyes landed on the box which is wrapped neatly in gift paper. "What is this, uncle?"

"This, darling a small gift for you." Rafael said, pointing to the box. She happily lifted the lid and her eyes and mouth both widened. She covered her mouth with her both hands. She's so happy, her expression is so priceless. I'll do anything just to see her happy like this.

"Wow! It's just so beautiful uncle, did you buy it for me?" She asked excitedly. He shook his head.

"No darling, your mommy bought it for you." He said caressing her cheek. She picked up the puppy carefully and turned to me.