chapter 37

Today is Thanksgiving and today I'll be in this big house, all alone. Oliver, Raymond, Julia and Alex will be at Lucy's house. Of course Mara is also going. Lucy invited me, but I don't feel like going. Kathie and Jason will be at Jason's parents house. Scarlett will be celebrating at her house. And Robert, Raymond's friend, will be attending his friend's party.

I didn't get a chance to know Jason or Robert as I was busy working for Oliver and with everything that's happening in my life. And I didn't want to get near Scarlett, it's better if I stay away for her. I don't know what I'll do if I stayed with her in the same room. Anyway I only see them at breakfast or at dinner. I need to spend more time with Julia and Katherine, I miss them. We're the trio, no one can separate us in high school. But we lost contact when Julia moved to California. And Alex is acting very rude to me nowadays. I don't blame her, it's the situation. And I want to change that situation.

I'm in Mara's room doing her hair. I side braided her hair, I looked up and saw our reflection in the mirror. She looks so beautiful just like her mother. I turned her around and kissed her forehead.

"You're so beautiful, my little princess." I said cupping her chin. She blushed and giggled.

"Mummy, why don't you come with us?" She asked with a pout.

"Baby, don't tell anyone," she nodded and I whispered into her ear. "Mummy is a little scared."

"I'll be there with you, I'll protect you from bad people." She said innocently. I smiled and kissed her forehead again.

"I know, baby." I said and hugged her. My eyes got wet, I wiped them away with the back of my hand. Then I heard the door knock. I looked up and saw Alex standing in the doorway.

"Mara, are you ready? We're leaving." She asked Mara, she did not even glance at me. When Mara said yes she turned to leave and we followed her. It's better if I don't say anything.

In the living room, Julia and Raymond are waiting. Oliver is not there. Did he already leave? Or is he waiting in the car? I want to see him, I didn't see him yesterday, when I got back from the mall. If I didn't see him now, I won't see him until tomorrow. They are staying at Lucy's house tonight. And one more thing I need to apologize to him for what I had done to his card. I think it's not going to happen today, so I'll tell him tomorrow.

I turned around when I heard footsteps and there he stood like a Greek God. I met up with his sea blue eyes and mesmerized. I don't know how much time I stood staring into his eyes. I can live seeing his eyes all my life. I got out of the trance when someone cleared their throat. I blushed hard and looked away.

"Shall we go?" Raymond asked. Oliver nodded and when he looked at me again, his eyes held disappointment.

I once again kissed Mara and hugged her.

"Take care of her." I said to Raymond. He nodded and hugged me before telling me to take care of myself. They all left. Soon Katherine, Jason and Scarlett left. And this leaves Robert and me. And Asher in Mara's room, I checked on him and he's fine playing with Mara's toys. I don't want him to call him Asher, but I think I'll get used to it.

I went downstairs again and sat on the couch and relaxed. In a few minutes or so Robert will also go and then I have the house to myself and Asher, the doggy. I went into the kitchen and put some popcorn into the oven. When the time was up I took out the popcorn and grabbed some chocolate bars on the way. I placed them next to me on the couch and grabbed the remote. I logged into my Netflix account and started searching for some movie. I decided to give up then I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Robert.

"Hey! You didn't look like you're going out." He asked when he saw me.

"Neither do you?"

"You said you have plans."