chapter 25

"I want to hold your hand, hold you close, hug you tightly, kiss you softly, and let you rest your head on my chest so that you can hear my heart beat..... Just for you. I miss you."-missingyouquotes.

I woke up sweating and breathing heavily. I got out of the bed and ran to the room across mine. I opened the door and saw Mara sleeping peacefully in the moonlight falling from the window. I sighed in relief and went into my room.

Relax. It's just a dream. I told myself. I just had a terrible dream. I never had a dream like this before, even my nightmares are better than this. I felt my throat dry, the bottle on the table was empty. I got down the stairs and went into the kitchen. I drank some water and filled the empty bottle in my hands.

I'm walking towards the stairs but when a cool breeze passes through me sending a shiver through my whole body I turn around to see. I saw someone standing in the balcony, I placed the bottle on the stand near and took small steps towards the person.

His muscular back was facing me, his hands were folded against his chest and he was looking at the beach. I gasped slowly when I realized who that person is. What is he doing here at this hour? It looks like he was in deep thoughts. What is he thinking about?

Do you really want to know?

Yes. No.

He didn't realize I was standing behind him. Should I ask him what he is doing here at night? I took a deep breath and stepped towards him.

"O-oliver." I shudder. He stiffened hearing my voice and he turned around.

"Why aren't you in your room?" He asked turning again to the sea.

"I came for water. Why are you here?" I asked him. He didn't say anything, he just looked at the beach. I looked in awe at the magnificent view in front of me. It's amazing, my description won't justify the beauty it held.

The sky is shining with silver moonlight and stars are here and there. The tides, water reflecting the light adds more beauty to it. The sand grains are shining like diamonds. Trees are swinging back and forth slowly. The breeze is not so cold, it's cool. Tides hitting the rocks is music to my ears. The air is fresh and salty.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I asked, closing my eyes, capturing the view in my mind. I felt his eyes on me, I opened my eyes slowly and looked at him. He's already looking at me studying my face.

"What are you thinking?" I asked him when he didn't say anything.

"You. Us. Where are we, Maria?" He asked, penetrating his gaze into my eyes. "I need answers, Maria."

I didn't know what to say. I stood there awkwardly silent. He wants answers from me and here I don't know what to say. Sometimes it's better to talk, take all your emotions out. Sometimes it's better to stay silent, let suffer alone than to bring your loved ones into messy situations. Now it's really confusing what to choose. I think I choose the latter.

"We were happy." He took a deep breath before he continued. "Until Stella played a double game. I didn't believe her. I searched for you everywhere, came to your apartment, you are not there. I asked your neighbours and they said they didn't know where you were. I'm worried about you, I'm scared that something happened to you. After a week or so I went to your apartment again hoping to see and no you're not there, one of your neighbours said you told them you were going to live in Sam's apartment.

"I don't know then that Sam was your girly friend, you never told me about your friends. I thought Sam was some guy you were cheating me with as Stella said." He let out a sad chuckle remembering the past. "I don't know what to do, how to forget you. As much as I tried to get my mind and heart off you, you're burying deep inside hurting more, remembering you more.