chapter 41

I was in my room standing next to the window. The view is beautifully breathtaking. The sun is slowly sinking. It's going to disappear until next morning. It gives us hope that it is going to rise again, there is a tomorrow. The twilight moments are the most beautiful. It's like saying endings can also be beautiful. We don't know how our lives are going to end, but we can hope for a beautiful ending. We don't know how we're going, who we're going to end up with, but it can also be a beautiful beginning of our lives. All we have to do is hope, without hope there's nothing in this world. All I can say is don't lose hope.

I don't want to lose hope. I don't want to lose hope for a beautiful future. I look at the ring on my left hand. It's so beautiful. Like it just made for me. I want a future with Oliver. I want to have a family with him. I want us together, me, Oliver, Mara and our future children. What if he only wants me because I'm carrying his child.

I heard the door click and opened slowly. I didn't turn to see who it is because I already know. He came and stood behind me slipping his hands on my stomach. He slowly rubbed my small bump and kissed my hair. I like it when he does it but I also feel like he's here because of the baby. I place my hands above his. I leaned back against his chest. I didn't say anything, he didn't either. We stayed like that watching the sunset. After a few minutes I asked.

"Aren't you mad at me?"

"Why would I?" He asked and turned me around. "What's wrong?"

"Why aren't you mad at me?" I asked. Tears are falling down my cheeks.

"Hush! Don't cry. Why are you crying?" He kissed my tears away. He took my hand and took me to bed. He sat and made me sit on his lap facing him. He started rubbing my back and I relaxed.

"You knew about Victor and why didn't you confront me?" I asked and he sighs.

"I want you to tell me that yourself." He said.

"Then why did you ask Rafael about that?" He smiled guiltily.

"I couldn't help. I want to know what's bothering you. I want to help you."

"I'm so sorry. I want to protect you." I hugged him and sobbed. He rubbed my back and whispered some soothing words into my ear. After a few minutes he pulled me away.

"Hey! Look at me." He wiped away the tears with his thumb. "I understand what you did. But from now on no more secrets, wife."

He took my left hand and kissed the ring. My mouth wide open, he remembers. He looked at me and happiness was dancing in his eyes.

"How? You remember that night?" I asked.

"Actually, I thought it was a dream." I had one hand around his neck and another was in his. "From the last five years I constantly had dreams about you. And after that night when I woke up you weren't there. I thought it was a dream but deep down I want it to be real. I want to ask you when I meet you, I want you to tell me that it was real and not a dream. But then I saw news about Rafael being engaged. I thought it was you who engaged to him and then you introduced Matthew as your fiancé. I don't want to believe but you're too close to him."

"And?"

"I did a background check on him and found out that he has a boyfriend in Australia." I looked at him shocked.

"When did you find out?" I asked when I was out of my shock.

"After Rafael told me about Victor." I sense the anger in his voice.

I looked down at my lap. His fingers slowly caressing the back of my hand. I didn't say anything.

"Hey! What happened?" He asked.