chapter 42

We entered the restaurant. It's one of the fancy restaurants. All tables are full. I scanned the area looking for the familiar face. But I didn't see him. Oliver is beside me, his hand on my back guiding me through the restaurant. I stopped in the middle of the restaurant when I saw him at the corner table.

"Are you okay? Are you feeling nauseous?" Oliver asked worriedly. I shook my head.

"No. I'm okay." I said and smiled. It's so cute when he cares about me.

I looked at Hunter and now he's looking at me. I couldn't read his expression because he had a poker face. He's talking to a woman that must be his assistant, Natasha. I can't see her face and her back is facing me. When we reached them Hunter stood up and greeted Oliver.

"Mr. Miles, it's nice meeting you." Hunter said.

"Mr. Collins." Oliver said. They were about to shake their hands then Natasha screamed.

"Olivier!" She hugged him. He patted her back and pulled away.

"Hi!" He said awkwardly. Hunter looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"You two know each other?" Hunter asked him.

"We used to date, Mr. Collins." Natasha answered excitedly. I glanced at her and she looked good. She's wearing a pink blouse and navy blue skirt.

"It was ages ago." Oliver told dismissing the topic.

"Oh!" Hunter looked at me and smirked. My eyebrows creased in confusion. What's the smirking about? "Have a seat Mr. Miles."

Oliver looked at me. "She is my ....."

"Your ex and now your PA." Natasha butted in. We all looked at her in shock. "Yeah, Jason told me. Am I wrong?"

"No. Definitely not." I said to her with a smirk. Oliver is about to say something but I stopped him. I know what he's going to say. He looked at me and shook his head, probably disappointed with me. He wants to tell the world I'm his. I mouthed him 'sorry'. Hunter cleared his throat loudly.

"Anyway, we're not here to discuss personal affairs, are we?" Hunter said. Oliver glared at him telling him who's the boss here and Hunter looked defended. But deep down I know Oliver is glad that Hunter said that.

We all seated, luckily I sat between Oliver and Hunter. Note the sarcasm. I thought about greeting Hunter but pushed that thought away. We can do that after this meeting. Calm down don't worry nothing will go wrong, I tell myself. We ordered our food, I ordered chicken. Fortunately, I didn't feel nauseous, from the day before yesterday. I can eat anything without worrying about throwing up.

I was disappointed when they started talking in French, which clearly I couldn't understand. I frowned. Why can't they talk in English? I listened to Oliver speaking French so fluently. His voice is so deep and it makes me so hot.

They paused when the food came and continued when the waiter left. Before my thoughts take me somewhere, I concentrate on my food. It's mouth watering. After I finished half of my plate the table suddenly shook. I thought it was an earthquake for a second then I saw Oliver on his foot. He's so furious. What happened to him? In an instant he grabbed Hunter's shirt and punched him. My mouth is wide open in shock. I dropped my fork and knife on the plate. Oliver is about to punch him again.

"Oliver! Stop, please!" I stood up and touched his shoulder to calm him down. He relaxed a bit but was still furious. He didn't stop glaring at Hunter. Hunter is covering his nose with his hands. Shit! He's bleeding. He cursed under his breath. Natasha is stuck to her chair, she didn't move an inch. Her mouth is wide open.