chapter 40

Three days have passed but I couldn't take my mind off that letter. Why did he write me a letter in the first place? When he can come and meet me directly or can call? Is this some kind of trap? Who is his sister? Do I know her? Did he know that I'm looking for her? Is that why he wants me to give his mother's locket to her? Why can't he give this to her himself? Is he planning to meet her? My brain is going to explode with all these. What do I have to do now? I can't think of anything.

I sighed loudly and placed the bowl on the kitchen counter. I'm mixing batter to make pancakes for breakfast. I told Nathan I'd do breakfast today so he can have some rest. Even though it isn't his job he's doing it. I feel guilty that I made him do it. I pour some chocolate syrup into the bowl and mix again.

"Hey!" Suddenly I dropped the beater, he caught me off guard. I turned around to see Oliver.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He frowned, he looked offended. "I mean you scared me."

"Are you alright? You seemed to be in deep thoughts." He asked, taking a step towards me. I looked at him completely now. He didn't have his suit on just his white shirt and pants. His hair is still wet from the shower. I want to run my fingers through it.

I smiled at him assuring that everything is fine. He's in front of me now. I placed my hands around his neck, he placed his hands on either side of me, locking me between the counter and him. I can't escape now.

"You look worried." He asked untying the thread of the apron I was wearing. He removed my apron and placed it on the counter behind me.

"I'm fine." I said smiling.

"You know you can tell me anything?" He leaned a little closer and his breath was fanning me.

"I know." I said blushing at our close proximity.

It's got different from the last three days between us. He's asking every time how I'm feeling or if anything bothers me. Maybe it's because of the baby. Or maybe because he wants to show me how much he loves me. or maybe both. I don't want to find out. He's telling me always that I can tell him anything that bothers me. I want to tell him everything but deep inside I want to deal with this myself.

He leaned closer a bit more. He caught my upper lip with his teeth and pulled it. I gasped and my heart was beating rapidly. He released it and ran his tongue over my lips slowly; dangerously slow. He started kissing me slowly, making me want more and more. While I kiss him hungrily. This is a pure torture. I grabbed his collar and pulled him closer, hating the distance between us. He chuckled into the kiss, still kissing me slowly. He placed his hands around my waist deepening the kiss. His hands are roaming all over my body teasing me. He broke the kiss to let me breathe some air. He continued kissing my jaw line and down to my neck. He came back to my lips but this time it's not slow. He's gone back to my neck leaving wet kisses down the trail. I bite my lower lip to stop myself from moaning.

Holyshit!! I'm in the kitchen making out with Oliver. What if anyone saw us? It would be more embarrassing than anything. As if God wants me to be embarrassed, he sent someone.

"Oh my God!" My eyes widened and we broke apart. Raymond stands at the door folding his hands against his chest with a smirk on his face. I hid my face in Oliver's chest. I looked up at Oliver, he's glaring at his brother. "I thought you were cooking?"

"I...I....am" I shuttered.

"Yeah, you were until he came." He said pointing his finger at Oliver. I flushed.

I tried to get out of Oliver's embrace but it's not easy. He had a firm grip on me. I turned so he's hugging me from behind.

"What are you doing?" Raymond asked, taking the bowl which was left behind.