chapter 46

I can't believe this is happening. I raked my hands through my hair frustratedly. Oliver's hand is curled into the fist tightly. I need to calm him down before he does something we both regret. I placed my hand on his fist and he visibly relaxed. He looked at me with an emotion I don't know how to explain. Before I could say anything to him Mara interrupted.

"Mommy, why is everyone sad? Is someone going to kill you? Are you going to die?" She asked with tears in her eyes. Seeing her tears I couldn't control myself. I hugged her tightly and cried.

"No baby, I'm not going to die." I said and pulled away to wipe her tears off. I sat her on my lap and kissed her both cheeks. I felt Oliver's hand around me and scooted closer to me. I looked at him, he wiped my tears and kissed my forehead which lasted more than a few seconds. I have a feeling that everyone is looking at us and I want to ignore the fact now. Mara snaked her arms around my neck and crooked her head into my neck.

"I don't want you to die. I don't want you to leave me. I want to play with my little brother or sister in your stomach." She said and I hugged her tightly.

"Maria?" Lucy called. I looked up with my teary eyes and saw her approaching us.

"Lucy?"

"Ar....are you pregnant?" She asked and I stiffened. I looked at Oliver and then at her. I nodded and I saw her face brightened. She quickly wiped away the tears with the back of her hand. I stood up still Mara in my hands and Oliver stood next to me. She cupped my face. "I never thought I'd receive such good news at the times of these. I mean after receiving bad news."

She pecked my cheek and gave me a light hug. She then hugged Oliver. I saw Ben and he gave a hug like Lucy.

"Thank you." He said and I blushed. When we saw Lucy pulling away from Oliver then he hugged him. I'm looking at them adoringly and I felt hands around my shoulders. I saw it was Raymond and he had a smile on his face.

"I'm so proud of you." He said in a teasing manner and I gasped.

"You know, if Mara isn't in my hands right now I'd punch you." I told him and I heard Mara giggle.

"Oh my god! My own daughter wants me to get punched. I'm so hurt." He said in a dramatic way and Mara giggled more. Julia hit his head standing next to him. I heard everyone laugh and I realised everyone was listening to us. I felt a little embarrassed.

"I'm so happy for you." Julia said to me and she stroked Mara's hair caringly. Raymond frowned at us rubbing his back. I almost burst into laughter at his expression.

Everyone seems to be happy despite what Henry said a few minutes back. Except one, Alex. She still sat in the armchair, her head down upset about something. She didn't even talk to his brother. She hates me I know but at least she would have talked to her brother. Someone cleared their throat and I turned around to see Henry.

"Congratulations!" He said caressing my hair and I smiled. I want to ask him about the man who wants to kill me. But the door bursting open stopped me. Mara lifted her head at the sudden sound. Amelia entered inside and looked around. When her eyes landed on me, she rushed to me. She hugged me tightly. I saw Rafael entering the room.

"Aunt Amy, I can't breathe." Mara said and Amy pulled away. I'm guessing she heard the news from Rafael.

"Sorry sweetheart." She said to Mara caressing her cheek. "You're okay, right? Rafael told me about the attack and I also read the article."

"I'm okay." I sighed. I totally forgot about that. Who'd want to send my photos to the newspaper? And someone is following me. I need to find out who.