chapter 8

"If you broke my trust, I can forgive you. But I can't  trust you the same."

"what the .....!"

"Sorry. It's my fault. I didn't see where I'm going." I cut him off before he finished his sentence.

I looked up at him and froze.

He was looking at me like he had seen a ghost. I was looking for Rafael. I didn't see him after he introduced me to some gentlemen, I didn't remember their names. When I decided to give up looking for him and call him, I bumped into Oliver.

"Have you seen Ra.......... Mr. Williams?" I asked Oliver.

He didn't answer and was still looking at me. I looked behind him and saw Rafael leaving the hall with a woman in his hands. Wait! Amy? When did she come? And now they both are leaving me here all alone. How can they do this? I hate them. I hate him.

"I hate him."

"What?" Oliver asked. Did I say that out loud?

"Nothing." I said and walked past him. I can feel Oliver gaze on me. I miss him. I miss him calling my name with his soft voice. I still remember how he cares about me. How he loves me. I left the hall and it was raining heavily. The weather didn't say it'll rain today.

I was now walking in the rain. I was fully drenched. I was thinking about how my life was five years before. I was very happy then. My life was perfect with Sam, Raymond, Rafael being my friends and Oliver, my love. Tears started forming in my eyes. They are mixed with rain drops falling on my face.

A car stopped beside me and Oliver came out and asked me to get in the car. I refused his offer. But he didn't back off and kept asking me. The rain started to increase so I gave up and sat in the car. Then I realized that his clothes were fully wet.

He drove the car. The car is filled with a lot of silence. He stopped the car after ten minutes or so. I eyed him confusingly.

"It's a heavy storm. It's not safe to drive at this time." He said and got out of the car. I did the same and looked at the house in front of me. It holds so many memories of me and him. I stood there without moving. He cleared his throat to get my attention and went inside. I followed him. It's a small house with two bedrooms and living room and kitchen.

We are in the living room and totally soaked in rain. He went inside the bedroom and came with a pair of t-shirt and shorts. I guess one is for me. He handed me clothes and I took them. He then took the shorts from my hands and threw them on the couch. I went inside the bedroom with the t-shirt. A small smile is formed on my face. He knew that I didn't fit in his shorts.

I changed into the t-shirt which Oliver gave me. It smells like him. I came out of the bathroom to find Oliver sitting on the bed. He was already changed into fresh clothes. I let him know my presence. He looked at me and stood up.

"We need to talk." He said.

"There is nothing to talk about." I said.

"There is." He pinned me to the wall holding my shoulders tightly. "Why did you leave me? Huh?"

"Why are you asking? You want me to leave. You don't love me. You never loved me. You don't want me in your life." I yelled at him trying to free from his grip. But no use, he even tightened his grip.

"Where did that come from? Who gave you that idea?" He was angry now. Why was he angry? Didn't he want me to leave? I didn't talk to him either. There was a silence for minutes until he spoke.

"I never wanted you to leave." He said. I looked into his eyes to find whether he was telling the truth or not. I can see how much affection he holds towards me.

"You didn't." He nodded.

"No." He whispered.

We stood there silently staring at each other. The silence was so comfortable. I broke the silence this time.

"Stella." He looked at me confusingly. He didn't say anything so I continued. "She told me you don't want to see me anymore so you asked her to send me away."

"And you believed that." He was furious now.

"No. I came to your office the next day to confront you and saw ........ you..uh and Stella making out." I bit my lip. My blood is boiling thinking of him with another woman.

"What? That bitch." He was shaking with anger. "I was in frustration. You suddenly disappeared and I want to know where you are. And she threw herself at me. Trust me, I didn't do anything. I fired her the same day."

He cupped my face. We're a few inches away from each other. I want to believe him. He leaned in and crushed his lips on mine. His kiss was filled with love and passion. I kissed him back. He bit my lip asking permission to enter. I opened my mouth and his tongue slid in. We both are fighting for domination and he finally won. We pulled away, we were out of breath. He placed his forehead on mine and looked into my eyes.

"I want you." He said his eyes are full of love.

"I want you too." I said and snake my arms around his neck.

He kissed me again and this time hungry. He picked me up and took me to bed without breaking our kiss. We ended up as he was above me. We made love. Before drifting into the sleep he spooned me. A smile is dancing on my lips.

I woke up alone in the bed. I was naked, I quickly picked his t-shirt and wore it. I looked for him in the bathroom, he was not there. Maybe he was in the kitchen. I took shower and wore yesterday's dress. Anyway, I don't have dresses here. I went into the kitchen to look for him. He was not there. I searched the whole house but he was not in the house. I again went into the bedroom and sat on the bed. I felt betrayed. Some hot liquid is flowing on my cheeks. Then I realized I was crying.

How can he do this to me?

How can he leave me?

Is he trying to take revenge?

                                 *please comment, vote and share*