chapter 47

"You look stunning!" Alex said from behind me. I looked at myself in the mirror and I couldn't disagree with her. My hair was up in a bun and little hair hanging side of my face which was in curls. My face was covered with light makeup. She did a great job.

"Thank you!" I said, looking at her through the mirror.

"It's my pleasure." She smiled and did a bow. We heard a knock and turned to look at the door. Scarlett entered with a package in her hands.

"It's time to change." She said excitedly. I stood up and took the package from her and placed it on the bed. I'm nervous. "Come on, open it. You'll like it."

I nodded and unzipped the package. I gasped when I saw what was inside it. I completely took the covers off and lay the beautiful white dress on the bed. Words can't get out of my mouth.

"Do you like it?" Scarlett asked hopefully.

"I love it." I said and I can feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Now, now, don't cry and don't ruin my makeup. Okay?" Alex said with a little bit of warning. I nodded.

"We're ready." Came the voice from the door. Amy and Mara entered the room. Mara is in a cute lavender dress. Her hair was in curls. She came towards me and I sat on my knees to reach her level.

"You're so beautiful, baby." I said cupping her face. She blushed and threw her arms around my neck.

"Thank you, mommy." She replied.

"Now, move away you two. How many times do I've to tell you not to ruin my art?" Alex asked in fake annoyance. Mara giggled and we all chuckled.

"Why don't you go and get ready? I'll take care here." Amy said to Alex and Scarlett. They both nodded and left the room and not before Alex gave me a warning.

"I can't believe they're my friends now." I said to Amy. She wore blue, I chose that dress for her. Mara sat on the bed, her legs hanging out in the air. If you have told me a week before I'm going to be friends with Alex and Scarlett I would have laughed and called you crazy.

"I can't believe you're getting married today." Amy said. Well, it's hard to believe but I'm getting married today.

Five days earlier.......

I went to Mara's room after I hurriedly got out of the family room. I can't leave for France. I don't want to leave Oliver and Mara. What if Gallagher did something to them if I was not here?

"Mommy!" Mara jumped into my arms as soon as she saw me. I quickly caught her.

"Sweetheart, you can't jump on mommy like that. You know there's a little baby inside mommy." Amy said, taking her from me. I thanked her.

"Sorry mommy!" Mara said, feeling guilty.

"It's alright, baby." I said and kissed her cheeks. We all sat on Mara's small bed. Mara resumed playing with her toys.

"Where's Asher?" I asked when I didn't see him.

"Somebody took him to the vet, it's his vaccine time." Amy said.

"Okay."

"So, what's happening?" She whispers ask me as she doesn't want to disturb Mara.

"Oliver and I are good. We're good. Victor changed. I thought everything was going to be good again. Then this happened. Why has this happened to me? What did I do wrong?" I tried to control my tears. Amy placed her hand on my shoulder.

"It's going to be okay. Don't stress yourself." Amy said. I nodded.

"I'm glad that he targeted me and not Mara. I'll kill him with my bare hands if he even thinks about hurting her." I said trying to control my anger.