chapter 3

"we must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell

"It's your fault." He said.

What!?

"It's all your fault. I don't want to see your face again. Just get out of here. Don't ever try to meet me again." He yelled at me. I know he was upset. But I can't leave him alone like this. Tears started rolling down my cheeks, I can't help but to cry.

"Raymond, Please listen to me." I want to tell him about .....

"Leave." He shouted. I was glued to the ground where I was standing. My heart was racing.

"Now." He shouted again. I jerked off from my place.

I woke up from my dream panting. I was all sweating now. A warm liquid was pouring down my cheeks. A small hand touched my left cheek to wipe away the tears. I look at the face of her, she has beautiful hazel brown eyes.

"Mommy! What happened? Why are you crying?" She asked innocently.

"Nothing baby. It's just a bad dream." I told and picked her up into my lap. I kissed her cheek and hugged her.

Raymond POV

"What are you doing?" I asked my wife Julia. She was busily doing something on her laptop.

"Nothing. I'm looking for a villa or mansion or big house." She said, still looking at the screen.

"Why?" I was confused.

"For you. What will you do when I get to work." She raised her head to look at me. I looked concerned in her eyes. She felt bad for what happened to me. She cried a lot when she learned that I met with an accident. I don't want to see her crying, when she was crying I felt like something was piercing through my heart. Then I realised that I love her the same as I love..... just forget it.

"Care to explain." I asked, still in confusion.

"You have to rest for two months. So, I was planning a small and long get together. When I go to work, someone will be there to entertain you. So, you won't feel lonely." She said calmly.

"Is it necessary?" I asked her. I don't like the idea of what she was doing.

"Yes." She said and it was the end of the conversation.

Two days later....

"Yeah! I found a perfect house for us." She said happily.

"No. I'm not coming." I said closing my laptop.

"Why? You have to come. Please." She pleaded with puppy eyes. She looked so cute.

"Please." She pouted like a child. I couldn't say no to her when she asked like this.

"Okay." I said and kissed her.

The next morning we moved to the house. We actually rented it. It was so beautiful. It was smaller than a mansion. It was near the beach. I have no words to explain how beautiful it is. Suddenly Julia's phone started ringing. She excused​ herself and answered the phone.

"Yeah!" She said. I have no idea who was on the other line.

"No problem. We will be fine." She said.

"Ok bye."

"Who is it?" I asked her when she hung up the phone.

"Someone is going to be with us the whole month. Just like an assistant." She said looking into my eyes.

"It's good." I said going inside the house.

"Okay, when are the others coming?" I asked her. She invited my brother Oliver, his fiancee​, my friend Robert and her friend Katherine along with her husband.

"Tomorrow. They will be here tomorrow morning." She said, leading us to the living room. She took 15 minutes to select the room which we are going to be in. It was a large room with a king sized​ bed. The interior decorations of the house were so nice. I immediately liked this house.

I sat on the couch in the living room. Suddenly the doorbell rang. I'm looking for Julia to attend the door. She might not hear the doorbell. So, I have to see who might be it. I opened the door and froze there where I stood. I haven't seen her in five years. She looked at me with shock in her eyes. I wasn't expecting to see her here.

"Ria?" I find my strength to utter a single word.

"Sorry. I shouldn't be here." She said and turned around to go.

"Maria!?" Julia called her behind me. Do they know before? She turned around and faced her.

"What a surprise! So, you are the one who is going to be with us. They sent you here to assist us, right?" Julia asked.

She nodded hesitantly.

"Oh! Thank God. You are here. I thought I won't catch up with you again." She said happily. I'm still confused. I never knew they knew each other. Julia turned to me and said, "Raymond, this is my friend Maria. And Maria, this is my husband Raymond."

"Friend!?"

"Yeah! We were best friends in high school." She said. Before I say anything a small voice interrupts.

"Mommy! I want a separate......" A small girl came and stopped in her mid sentence when she saw me. She is the same girl I saved from an accident.

"Oh! You have a daughter. She was so beautiful. Come inside." Julia interrupted. She picked her daughter up and we all went to the living room. There is another woman with them. Suddenly Julia phone started ringing, it was in the bedroom. She excused herself and went inside.

"Elena? Take her to one of the rooms." She said and gave the girl to Elena. She nodded and took her away. We are alone in the living room, she didn't even say a word.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked her, hoping that she would forgive me for what I have done. She stood there like a statue.

"Aren't you going to talk to me?" I whisper yelled. I know I'm stupid at that time and I'm truly sorry for that.

"It's better not to talk. Don't tell anyone that you know me and I won't tell anyone. If you tell anyone I leave this place the next moment." She warned me. I don't know what to say. I think she is still mad at me. I'll give her some time. She took her luggage, moving towards the stairs and stopped and turned to me again.

"Thanks for saving my daughter." She said and disappeared.

I want her to be here. I'm truly sorry for what I have done. I'm so stupid back then. I have to do something to gain her forgiveness. What should I do!?

Hey!

I hope you enjoy reading.

          *please vote & comment *