chapter 10

"One day I caught myself smiling for no reason,then I realised I was thinking of you"

I'm in Cafe now, alone. Today Sam got an important job and couldn't get to University. And Raymond, I don't know where he is. In a week, Raymond got really close to me. Usually I won't talk to men easily and their behaviour really annoys me. They feel like they're on the top of the world. But Raymond, he is a nice guy. So sweet and caring.

In the whole week, I never got a day to see that Raymond and Sam talk normally. They're always arguing about something. And Raymond enjoys pissing off Sam. She is resisting him for me. I get out of my thoughts when someone clears their throat.

The person I spilled coffee on him last week was sitting in front of me. He wore a grey t-shirt. He was looking different from that day. He was even more handsome now.

"Hi!" He said smiling.

"Sorry about that day. I didn't mean to do it." I said. It was really embarrassing.

"It's okay." He said.

"How about coffee? I owe you one." I asked.

"Hmm Okay." He said and I got up from my seat and got him his cup of coffee. He was sipping coffee like it was very hot, actually it's cold coffee. When I was about to get up he spoke.

"Can I ask you something?" Is he feeling nervous? Or it is my imagination.

"What is it?" I asked.

"If you're free this weekend, do you want to come out to dinner with me?" He asked.

"Is it a date?" I don't know why I asked.

"Y-yes." He shuddered.

"Actually, I have plans this weekend. Sorry." I lied. I'm free this weekend. I never went on a date with anyone. Some of the boys in University asked me out, I rejected them on their face. But why am I lying to him? Why I don't want to hurt him.

In a blink he took my phone which on the table unlocked it and started typing something.

"Hey! That's my phone. Don't you have manners. It's rude to take someone's property without their permission. Do you know that?" I tried to snatch my phone but he held it high. It's my fault not to lock my phone. Suddenly his phone started ringing. He gave my phone back.

"It's my number. You can call or text me whenever you are free." He took his phone out and held it across my face. "And I got your number. I'll keep reminding you that we are going out next weekend."

I didn't say anything. My mouth was wide open in shock.

"Okay, bye. I have to go. See you later, sweetheart." He said and got up to leave. I didn't even know his name. How can I go out with him?

"By the way, my name is Oliver. Don't bother yourself, you can tell your name when we go on a date." He left the cafe. I pinched myself. Maybe it's a dream so that I can wake up. No it's not a dream.

I told everything to Sam and she scolded me for not accepting his offer. She threatened me, when he asked me again I have to say yes or else she won't talk to me. She wants me to find love. And that very night Oliver messaged me. We chatted for some time and went for sleep.

The whole week and weekend passed by texting with Oliver and a few calls. And Sam and Raymond didn't stop fighting. The next week also passed but our date was cancelled because he got an urgent errands so he has to be there.

Finally, I'm on a date. It was my first date and I'm feeling nervous. He picked me up from my apartment. You would wonder how he knew my address, actually I gave him when he said he would pick me. We came to the restaurant. It's a nice place for a date. He ordered our food.

"Did I tell you that you are looking beautiful?" He asked while drinking his wine.

"Yeah. For the umpteenth time." I said smiling.

"I didn't get your name? Beautiful." He asked.

"Maria Ross. And I only got your first name." I said.

"It's Miles. Oliver Miles is my name." He said with 'really you didn't recognize me' face expression. Our orders came and we started eating.

"You live with your parents?" He asked just to talk with me.

"No. They moved to Chicago last year. My father is an advocate and my mother is a housewife." I said looking at him.

"Any siblings?"

"Yeah. One brother, elder." I said. I miss my family. I had to stay here because of my studies. "And your family?"

"My father died when I was two." He said with no expression on his face.

"I'm sorry." I feel sad for him. It was hard to grow up without a father.

"It's okay. It was a long time ago. How was the food? Do you like it?" He asked about changing the topic. If he doesn't want to talk about it then I will leave it.

"Yeah. I like it." I said smiling.

We ate in silence after that. After dinner we made our way to my apartment. I enjoyed it a lot today. In no time we were in front of my apartment. I got out of the car and he did the same. He escorted me to my apartment. I opened the door and turned around to face him.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked. I regret asking the question the very second. I know what men will think.

"Maybe some other time. Thanks for today. I really had a great time with you." He said with a smirk. I nodded relaxed.

"Thanks to you too." I said blushingly. I bit my lower lip not to blush.

"Don't do that."

"Don't do what?" I asked him confusingly.

"Don't bite your lip. You look so cute when you blush." I blushed again and bit my lip again. I looked at the floor. He raised my chin with his fingers. I looked into his eyes. He's looking passionately, he was close to me. He leaned forward and claimed my lips with his.

He moved his hands to my waist and pulled me closer. I felt butterflies in my stomach. It was my first kiss. I responded to his kiss and he smiled in the kiss. He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine. We were out of breath. I feel like it was forever.

"I think...... I have to go." He said and I nodded. He gave a small peck on my cheek and left. I waved my hand and went inside.

                                              **please comment & vote**