chapter 18

"I may not get to see you as often as I like. I may not get to hold you in my arms all through the night. But deep in my heart I truly know, you are the one that I love, and can't let you go."  -lovequotes.in

It's been three days and Oliver isn't home yet. When he left he was very angry, I never saw this much anger on his face. He is not answering Raymond's phone. He answered Alex's phone once and told her to leave him alone for sometime and don't have to worry about him being safe.

How can I not worry about him? When he is my life. I loved him all my life.

Lucy had left that day as she had to leave for London, where she had to attend an organisation for homeless people with her husband Ben. She didn't want to leave Mara and me. She wants to spend more time with Mara. She likes Mara and Mara also likes her. Alex stayed here, she is not cruel like me to leave her brother like this. Her words not mine. I didn't leave him intentionally, it was a misunderstanding.

As promised, Raymond made chocolate cake for me. This is what he does, whenever he wants my forgiveness, he'll bake me something. He knows very well how much I love chocolate. He mostly baked something chocolate to please me. Well really, it will work. You can test me, I will do anything for chocolate.

Suddenly the door to my bedroom opened revealing Oliver. I gasped heavily. He closed the door behind him. He makes long strides towards me. I met his gaze, he was so cold and hard. His eyes never leave me. He suddenly pinned me to the wall and kissed roughly. His kiss was hard and punishing. I tried to push but he grabbed my hands and placed them above my head. His grip was hard, it definitely left bruises on my hands. He moved down my neck and started sucking it hard. A shiver ran through my spine. I moaned out his name loud. He stopped and pulled away, I saw satisfaction in his eyes. His grip loosened and I took my hands back.

"Did he make you feel like this?" He asked.

"What?" What is he talking about?

"Don't play innocent. Tell me, did he make you feel like this?" He asked in a cold voice. I can sense venom in his voice.

"Who are you talking about?"

"Who am I talking about? Huh?" He asked, I nodded. "I'm talking about my so-called brother. How many men did you sleep....?"

I slapped him hard before he finished his sentence. My eyes became wet, I don't know when. My vision blurred tears started falling. How can he think like this? I didn't expect this coming from him. He pushed me away and left the room.

Oh shit! What did I do? I shouldn't have slapped him. I followed him behind calling his name, but he didn't respond and continued walking. I followed him to the living room, he stopped there.

I called his name with my voice shaking. He turned half and another person came into view. I quickly wiped away my tears. Rafael stood there with a smiley face which vanished when he saw me.

"Ria? What are you doing here? Why are you crying? Did anyone say anything to you?" He asked with a concerned tone. I shook my head in a no, unable to find my voice.

"What happened to your hands?" He saw red marks on my wrist which I didn't want to happen. I don't want to explain this to him.

"Nothing." I said finding my voice.

"Don't dare to lie to me, Ria. I know when you are lying." He hissed at me.

"It's nothing. What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to see my sister. Don't try to divert the topic Miss." He warned.

"Who's your sister?" I asked ignoring his warning. At the same time Scarlett came running towards Rafael and hugged him. Scarlett is his sister? He hugged her back and pulled away smiling.

"Ria this is my sister, Scarlett and Scarlett this is......."

"You know this b**ch?" Scarlett cut-off Rafael pointing to me. Suddenly he raised his hand and stopped in mid air before he hit Scarlett. I gasped. She was shocked to see her brother furious.

"If you call her that again, I don't know what I'll do." He said dropping his hand and turned to me. "Now you're going to tell me who did this to you." He said looking at my hands.

I gulped and shook my head. He shook his head to my stubbornness and took me to the couch and made me sit. He touched my bruised hand, I hissed at pain.

"Sorry." He said slowly and looked at Scarlett and yelled at her; "bring me some hot water and a cloth."

She quickly went into the kitchen.

Due to my sensitive skin it got more bruised. I looked at Oliver and he was wearing a sad face. Scarlett came back with water and cloth. He dipped the cloth in water and placed it at my bruised part. He did that few more times. He asked me what I'm doing here and I told him that I was here to take care of the mansion on behalf of the company. He gave a knowing look and smiled. I returned the smile.

"Why is the master bedroom locked?" Alex asked, coming into the living room.

"Because no one is supposed to be there." Rafael and I said at the same time. We looked at each other and smiled.

"Hey! When did you come?" She asked Rafael who was seated beside me.

"Just a few minutes back." He gave her a small hug without getting up from his seat. She is sending death glares to me.

"You ok?" She asked Oliver.

"Yeah." He said almost in a whisper looking away from me. I want to kill myself for this, he is not okay. Because of me he is not okay. If I didn't come into his life he would be happy.

I went into the kitchen to get drinks for everyone. Only soft drinks I never touched alcohol after I ended throwing up at Oliver's place.

I came out with a tray of glasses filled with different types of juices only to hear shouting. Rafael was shouting at someone. I didn't see the person as Rafael covered him completely with his body. I came into view with the person. Whom I don't want to see his face in my life again standing in front of me. My hands are shaking and my heart picks up it's speed.

I dropped the tray in my hand and glass pieces are scattered everywhere. Before I knew I started crying. It became hard for me to breathe. In a second Rafael was next to me. He held me tight so that I wouldn't fall.

"What.......is....he.... doing. ...... here?" I asked between my breaths.

"I'm so.........." He was about to answer, but Rafael cut him off.

"Just get out." Rafael yelled.

"No. Rafael, please try to understand I love him and he loves me. Let him stay, he is a good man." Scarlett begged him.

"Get. Out." This time he yelled at him stressing each word.

He went out due to fear. It became harder for me to breathe. It's a panic attack. Not again, I thought they stopped. Before blackness consumed I heard Rafael calling my name and asking me to stay with him.

                                   *please vote & comment*